March 28, 2024, 08:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large Frank Thomas XTI Titanium mesh jacket  (Read 2316 times)
InsolentMinx

A blur of chrome...

« on: March 16, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=320349984944

Up for sale is my Large Frank Thomas XTI Titanium mesh jacket.

I purchased this out of necessity at the beginning of last year's summer due to almost cooking inside my textile jacket on a day-trip to France. This mesh jacket was a god-send. As soon as you start riding in it, the air rushes over you through the mesh material and after a few minutes it feels like you're riding in just a t-shirt.

But that's where the similarity to riding in a t-shirt ends, as this jacket is made of highly abrasion resistant Hypertec and heavy duty airflow mesh material. Large mesh panels on the chest, sides and back provide a wonderful through-flow of air where you need it most. It has pre-moulded titanium shoulder inserts with a carbon leather exterior to give you some futuristic-looking protection, and it sports CE approved armour at shoulders and elbows with a (non CE) foam replaceable back protector.

The jacket has stretch panelling for increased rider comfort, tailored pre-curved sports fit arms and a connection zip allowing it to be fastened to any Frank Thomas trouser. There's also a waterproof over jacket for that unexpected rain shower, which neatly folds up and tucks away in a small zippable pocket on your lowerback.

The arms have popper adjusters on the upper arm and forearm to enable to you tighten or loosen the sleeves as required. The cuff has a velcro and zip adjustment. There is also waist adjustment by means of 3 poppers (on both sides)

There are also 2 zippered pockets externally, none internally... although there is quite a large pocket on the lower back in which the waterproof liner is kept, but if that was removed (on a cloudless day) then that could double as a map-pocket, document pocket, etc.

This is a really comfortable jacket and a great idea for the forecasted warm weather we're going to get this summer, as you can only wear a t-shirt under it and be just as protected as you would be in that heavy, stifling textile/leather jacket you wear in winter/spring.

I'm sad to sell this one as it served me well, but it no longer fits me anymore.

It's coming from a smoke-free household and has been very well looked after.

This model jacket retails at £99.99, so take this opportunity to own a like-new one for a fraction of the price!

Sizing:

Large;   armpit to armpit 23";   shoulder to hem 22"

Back armour not included, although there is the original foam back protector which came with the jacket when new!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: