March 28, 2024, 02:13:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not For Sale Anymore, Brand New Oxford Disc Lock.  (Read 3902 times)
Mr_G

« on: March 08, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

As stated in the title, I have one of these for sale, I bought it for my bike only to realise when I got it home and out of the packet it will not fit my disc due to the fact that it's not flat, If someone has a completely flat disc brake and requires a lock for it let me know, I'm looking to make back what I paid for it £20, it comes with one of them bright coily things that you hook on your handle bar to remind you that you have a lock on and a little pouch to keep it in.

Any interest PM me. Free postage.

Cheers Mr_G.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:00:12 PM by Mr_G » Logged

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »

I once forgot to take a disc lock off -jeez, how embarrassing!
At the Magna Carta rally many years ago. Parked in the high street. Walked out of the pub, climbed on the bike, fired it up, snicked it into gear, checked over my shoulder, pulled away from the kerb
.......thunk, aaargh, crunch.
The bike travelled just far enough that when it suddenly stopped as the disc lock hit the back of the fork leg I lost all semblance of balance & very nearly went head first over the handebars. As it was, I ended up wrestling it to the ground in a very undignified heap. Not cool.
So, yeah, the brightly coloured reminder thing on the bars is a very good idea!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Dicky

No refund's

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:53:05 PM »

Been there, done that....in the High street, luckily a nice man came and picked the bike off me.  You just can't get the leverage to lift a bike when your lying underneath it.  Grin Grin Grin

So I said to God, "If this is it (life), you can keep it."
And God said, "Just be glad you got the heart by-passes in time.
I don,t normally give refunds".
Mr_G

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:23:04 PM »

Lol neither can you when you have your lower calf trapped between the burning exhaust and the pavement. No one interested in my disc lock then? lol  Sad

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

Mr_G

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:53:46 PM »

I know its only been on here for about a week and there's been no interest in it, so i've given it to a mate at work and he's modifying it to make it fit my disc. So it's more than likely not for sale any more.

Cheers Mr_G

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 12:37:58 AM »

Sorry mate -got nothing on the road for it to fit at the moment.  Sad

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Mr_G

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 01:23:58 AM »

xD

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: