March 19, 2024, 08:54:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Blue un.  (Read 3860 times)
ska-man2

« on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:34 AM »

Open to offers before putting it on eBay.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:22:15 AM »

Oh my God Nige -you're selling?! Who am I going to ride with when I finally finish mine now?  Cry
This trike's been on the road in various forms for..what, 7 or 8 years now? Been all over the South of England & up as far as Shropshire, Cambridgeshire, Manchester ... a well travelled & proven machine. Featured in Back Street Heroes issue number 214, (February 2002). Ska Man's write up here

Blue Job

Well maintained by Nige & ridden regularly, if you're looking to buy a Reliant engined trike, this one's well worth looking at.
Still a shame to see it go Nige.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:47:07 PM »

Well, Nige's trike is currently on Ebay for less than 2 grand, with about 4 days left to run.
A shame to see it go, but SkaMan's kinda dropped off the radar lately so I'm guessing he's moved on from triking to pastures new. If you read this Nige, keep in touch eh.  Wink

SkaMan's Reliant

bitzman5

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:58:51 AM »

What a nice looking trike love one like that but £ wont alowe so just have to drool being un employed for the last 18years dosent help

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:47:43 PM »

going for 2600 at the mo( well a few hours ago)

bloody bargain that

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 03:50:13 AM »

Hello Critch! Long time, no read mate.  Wink
Eventually went for £2,850 I believe. A shame to see it leave the fold of MMMotors -I rode it for over 4 1/2 years, then Nige had it for a couple, so hopefully the new owner will continue putting miles under it's wheels.

snafu

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »

No not left the fold Wink, I picked it up from a very nice man called Nigel on Wednesday  Grin  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 06:59:32 PM »

Woo hoo! That's good to know  Smiley
I kept most of the running gear from the original build for my present trike project, so Nige had to replace it. Just frame, tank, seat & handlebars left from my version of it I think. Will be interested to see what you do with it now Snafu.  Smiley

tazet
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »

And the engine was from Moo  Grin So are you going to run it as is or will you be changing the colour? and modding it?
snafu

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:18:58 PM »

Sorry, bit late posting (never on time for anything). Embarrassed

I really just bought Blue Job to run as is, I’ve got loads of ongoing / stalled projects and need to get on the road and get my building mojo back.

Always admired the Manky trike style and this one is a credit to Andy for the original, and Nigel for the reincarnation.

Apart from minor things like changing the cooling system fill (suggested by Nigel) and may be dumping the front mudguard that’s about it.

Been grinning since I picked it up and can report mojo now working.  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »

We've not heard anything from Nige since he decided to sell -just seemed to decide it was time for a change. Hope he's O.K. Did he give any hint of buying something else?
The radiator was a little lower than the highest point of the engie cooling system. Not ideal, but I ran it like that for years with no problems. To fill it I used to put the back end up on axle stands, run the engine & just run a hosepipe in the rad filler neck. There's a small bleed valve built into the top hose of the motor. Just opened that while the engine was running until all the air was gone & there was just water coming out. Seemed to work.
Piccies! We need piccies of you & your new steed!

snafu

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »

Was the first time I’ve met Nigel but he seemed fine to me, he has a camper van thing, and mentioned he was looking at kit cars, coincidentally there’s a kit car chassis and body next door at work, been trying to find the owner. Not for me but in case Nigel wanted it. 

I’ll try and sort some picks, will probably have No 1 daughter on it, as now have trouble getting her off, mind you since then she’s shown more interest in my builds.

PS: thanks for a great site (hooked on Tbone build)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: