March 29, 2024, 08:34:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Class 3 MOT  (Read 3268 times)
Olds

« on: June 08, 2021, 12:27:07 PM »

Just spent a very frustrating time trying to get a MOT appointment for the trike.  Sad
 Spent half an hour describing what motorcycle style trike with a car engine and rear axle was, to a class 3 VTS garage, to have them  say "well bring it along and we shall see if we can test it". When asked why there might be a problem, he replied " there might be a problem with it having a motorcycle front wheel" and "does it have two seats" ?  seems the tester would have to be in the vehicle while I operated the controls for the brake test !  Huh Upon being told that the seating was motorcycle style in that you sat on the vehicle one behind the other, not in it and that I had never had a tester sit on the trike during the brake test, he asked "does it have seat belts " ! Angry
 It was at this point I told him that I would find a garage that actually  knew what a trike was.

Luckily there is another garage only 1/4 mile up the road from this one, who when asked if they had any problems testing a motorcycle style three wheeler, replied "you mean a trike, no problem at all. We do loads of them"

MOT booked for next week.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
the coppersmith

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:42:10 AM »

👍 glad it is sorted
gazzagood

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 11:40:12 AM »

Roll Eyes

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »

It's worrying how uninformed some garages seem to be isn't it -I wonder how many custom vehicles are languishing in lock-ups because testers have failed them on something that didn't even apply.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Olds

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 07:34:06 PM »

Happens a lot Andy.  Had an examiner try to my Landy 110 because of corrosion within a certain  distance of a suspension mount. The area in question was the inner front wing which is non structural and isn't even bolted to the chassis in that area.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »

Angry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: