March 29, 2024, 02:47:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas & hopefully a better New Year  (Read 3083 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 25, 2020, 10:12:12 PM »

Hi everybody.
I just wanted to say sorry for not being here as much as I should lately.
As a Postman, it's been crazily busy for the last few months. Everyone's at home, buying everything online so it's been like Christmas every day -& now we have Christmas on top of that! I've been starting early & working my days off, then getting home so knackered I really don't feel like doing much else.
I've found time to start a new relationship with a girl at work though & about 2 months ago I moved in with her. Her name's Julie. She's 10 years younger than me, married but seperated & hates having her photo taken, so I've been banned from taking any snaps of her.
We're spending Christmas in a little rented cottage in Braunston, near Daventry, just us & her 2 dogs.
So things have been kinda busy & I just wanted to apologise for my absence & to promise I'll be here again in the New Year. As soon as my truck's finished I plan a bit of a revamp of the website, using the sign writing I hope to have done on it as  the new logo.
2021 must surely be a better year for all of us, mustn't it?!
Have a lovely Christmas everyone. x

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »

No need to apologise, i know what you mean about everybody buying on line and that it makes it feel like Christmas every day because of the volume of post you got to do. It's the same for me in my job but at the other end, it's the amount of rubbish we got to pick up as bin men. Since the first lock down we have been working flat out trying to stay on top of it all. Glad you found a new companion and hope it all works out for you, i know i grumble about the wife  but to be honest it is nice having someone at home to spend time with.
As you say 2021 got to be a better year, i hope so. 

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »

Mr M, you have been, and remain, a good friend to all who partake of your much valued site, particularly those who have met you in person! as I have, so have a good '21, and come and see us if you can, take your shoes off and set a spel even Wink so as a much valued friend...Blwyddyn Newydd Dda,brawd, Morrag aka Dave M.

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 07:58:47 PM »

Kiss

gazzagood

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 02:45:52 PM »

Great news Andy hope things work out great for you both in 2021 😘 👍🏻

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »

So the lockdown's finally easing? Are things improving?
Not so's you'd notice, no.
I started seeing a girl at work last year & moved in with her 6 months ago. Great.
On Monday she suffered a heart attack. Not so great.
Actually, not a full blown heart attack. Furred up arteries that feed the heart, leading to ...more or less a heart attack.
Yes, she's O.K. Spent a week in hospital & now she's home, feeling very tired & a bit breathless. It's been ...emotional.
I really thought I was going to lose her. She's only 49.
So again, I apologise for not being here much lately. I still fully intend to revamp & relaunch the main website at some point this year & get my truck finished, but sometimes life just gets in the way.

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 11:29:52 AM »

Life certainly is a bitch, so sorry to hear of your girlfriends heart attack hope shes on the mend.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:30:43 PM by TwistedPatience » Logged

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
gazzagood

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 01:15:04 PM »

Andy don't you worry about us guy's and girl's we fine you look after your good lady make sure she OK first
Hope she on mend now all the best Gaza Kiss
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 01:22:47 PM by gazzagood » Logged

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 08:17:55 PM »

Thanks guys.

minimutly

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 12:26:47 AM »

Fingers crossed for you both....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 02:53:53 PM »

Things are O.K, thanks.
The hospital were a bit vague about what had actually happened, but the GP confirmed that yes, it was a myocardial infarction -a heart attack.
Julie's been signed off work for a month & will be on blood thinning tablets for the rest of her life, but is slowly improving. She hates taking pills but as I helpfully ed out -take the tablets, you wake up in the morning. Don't take them, you might not.
We go for a little walk every few days, but she gets very tired & out of breath -& frustrated that she can't manage more, (we walk an average of 10-12 miles a day at work). Other Posties who's suffered heart attacks say they could barely walk around the block afterwards, so she's doing O.K
It could be a lot worse.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:05:21 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 07:39:49 PM »

From what you say, Mr. M, it's very much as I would expect, and as you are aware I speak from personal experience. The medication is a must, the frustration normal, and she will soon get used to it being part of life's regimens! The exercise is essential, but must be managed! 'Gung Ho' approach is a definite "No-No". When she is able, and of course if practicable, I would recommend the local swimming pool, as the principle exercises. I wish you both well, and feel sure that all will be as you would want it to be, Morrag.

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: