March 28, 2024, 03:31:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic mini project  (Read 5407 times)
Clive

« on: March 10, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »

As you may be aware, we’re off soon, and this can’t come with us unfortunately.

Here’s the link to it on Facebook, sorry for that for those who don’t do FB, but I always now have trouble posting pics up.

If you’re interested, and can’t see the ad, let me know and I’ll send the details over.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452920124977745/permalink/2212784295657987?sale_post_id=2212784295657987&sfns=mo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Clive

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:48:37 PM »

Here’s the write up:

Due to impending house move, I am having to sell my project mini.

Bought about seven months ago, having been in dry storage for a good five years at least. Last MoT was June 2009.

The reason I bought it was the fact it was so solid, the only rust patch on it was on the passenger door, and I haven’t found any further major rust problems since.

Since I got it, it has had the front subframe removed, refurbed, and replaced with adjustable hilos. Brand new smaller discs, calipers etc fitted, all new polybush mounts. ALL fittings on the front are back on but not tightened up, just secure enough to be able to wheel in and out of the garage.

New headlights, front indicators, all wiring checked and working.

As I worked my way round the car, it has been getting a respray to clear ivory colour, but not complete as you can see from the pictures.

The interior is just in loosely at the moment, and the dials out as, as you can see from the pics, I was preparing to fit a dash. The original Mary quant seats are solid, but scruffy and have picked up a small amount of surface mould during the winter in my garage.

KAD quickshift fitted, as well as ‘period’ style rear speakers. Also has a mountney style steering wheel.

Engine has been refitted (as came removed from the car), with a replacement radiator, carb refurbed, brand new clutch and lightened flywheel, and comes with a brand new electronic ignition kit complete.

My next job was going to be removing the rear subframe and refurbish that, but it’s now not going to happen before we move.

In addition, it comes with a pile of spares, including a lot of the original Mary quant bits. Also comes with a brand new exhaust system (manifold fitted to engine already), the hilos for the rear, full electronic ignition system as mentioned, front and rear screens (as they’re currently removed from the car), chrome door handles, three dial dash (that I was going to use as a template for mine), in fact not far off everything needed to pretty much finish the car off.

Also comes with four 10” alloys slotmag-style, two of which have been partially refurbed, and two not. These also come with a full set of brand new correct wheel bolts.

There’s a pile of history also, and the V5. I’ll even throw in the Haynes manual.

A trailer will be needed to take it away, along with at least a large estate car for the bits and pieces.

Collection is from Andover in Hants, and would prefer a cash sale, or will be happy with a bank transfer (but cars not going until it’s cleared). Don’t think I’m being greedy asking for two grand, that’s only just over what I’d paid for it, without the bits I’ve since bought. Just want a quick, easy sale.

I guarantee I have missed something that it comes with, but I’ve given it my best shot😁

The last couple of pics are of it when I picked it up.

Any questions, just ask

If anyone has the ability to add some pics for me, let me know

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:09 PM »

Clive

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 07:52:30 PM »

You’re a star, as always Andy

Clive

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 07:08:19 PM »

Provisionally sold, being picked up Friday

Clive

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:39 PM »

Sold, and collected

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:54:17 AM »

Staying local?

Clive

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 08:37:14 PM »

Yep, Salisbury.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »

I have a friend in the Mini owners club & we do the occasional club event together, so I may see it some day Smiley

Clive

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »

I hope it does make it back on the road!

The buyers plan is to undo most of my work and return it to its original ‘Mary Quant’ condition

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »

At least it'll be out there where it belongs, being driven & enjoyed. Smiley

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »

I hope it does make it back on the road!

The buyers plan is to undo most of my work and return it to its original ‘Mary Quant’ condition

I know how you feel - it's taken me so long to finally come to terms with letting my trike go - had to get my head round passing it on to a new owner to do whatever they decide with it. 

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Olds

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »

Lucky it still has those stripey seats then.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: