April 27, 2024, 02:43:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yam trike  (Read 3789 times)
madron

« on: July 07, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »

i am selling this for someone else but i did all work so anyquestions please ask its a yamaha virago 920cc (NOT a tr1) 1992 that has had a bolt on conversion to a trike so doesnt need sva just inform dvla of bolt on conversion most of the bits are there to finish but i know it needs a new battery bike v5c is there it will need wiring and painting he will take offers over £600 before i have to put it on robbay
WAYNE999

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »

Hi ron did you ebay the trike if not my father in law looked at the photos we took on sunday and he says hes interested just have to arrange a time and day to pick up

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
madron

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »

hi no as cant get rid of this flu knocked me for six i am off to whitby next friday morning and back tuesday morning so can come over either before or after upto you just let me knoe cheers ron
WAYNE999

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »

how's the saturday after you get back from whitby also will we be able to tow it with all three wheels on the deck

madron

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »

ye saturday after no problem and cant see why you cant tow it with all wheels on ground but i would lift front wheel myself
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

You might be able to but it won't be legal if it's not taxed and tested! - just sayin!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
madron

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »

You might be able to but it won't be legal if it's not taxed and tested! - just sayin!

thats what i thought thats why i support front wheel
Cabman77

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »

I always tow trikes in a dolly, have even taken one all the way to Wales, but I found out, on here, that if not taxed & Tested then all three wheels must be off the ground. Doesn`t make sense to me but that`s the law. I would still use the dolly and plead ignorance if I ever bumped into a copper that was so anal as to kick off about it. Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
zakboy

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »

I always tow trikes in a dolly, have even taken one all the way to Wales, but I found out, on here, that if not taxed & Tested then all three wheels must be off the ground. Doesn`t make sense to me but that`s the law. I would still use the dolly and plead ignorance if I ever bumped into a copper that was so anal as to kick off about it. Grin Grin Grin Grin
i think most folk who use a dolly are not awear of the law on them and im sure most of them will continue to use them even if they do  Grin Grin Grin  ,........ lot of laws dont make sense to me

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

a lot of laws dont get enforced either

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
WAYNE999

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »

a lot of laws dont get enforced either
I,m with you its only illegal if you get caught

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »

illegal..... is that something like a sick parrot Roll Eyes
  its ok i didnt even take my coat off Smiley Cheesy Grin

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
terry t

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »

If you attach an a frame to the vehicle. then that vehicle becomes a trailer. if you use a tow dolly. it can only be use for brake downs and the towed vehicle must be road legal. lights and tow weights apply to both
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: