April 30, 2024, 07:43:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Trike DIY kit  (Read 1173 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »

I'm considering selling what was to be my next project, but due to a change in plans I have: Reliant 850cc Engine/Gearbox unit; Reliant rear axle with Disc conversion and calliper/carriers( 6" narrower than standard, shortened by me, so done properly!;CDS tube already bent up into the general dims. of a "MM" type hardtail chassis;2 off Ford,14",alloys with new tyres,(I intended re-drilling these wheels, which I have done on previous trikes sucessfully before, to 4" PCD, or you could use adaptors.):One set of GL500 Silverwing forks,c/w front wheel, so if anyone is interested let me know. I would prefer that it all goes together, and must be collected,due to the weight, from Swansea, S.Wales, so if your looking for a good start on a project, this might suit you. I also have a Suzuki "Carry" back axle, also shortened, with big drum brakes, and although a little low geared for most Reliant engines, is extremely robust, and with large enough wheels....Morrag (Why shortened? well I find "filtering" in traffic that much easier with a narrower trike back end! and also feel it gives the trike a more balanced look, but that just my opinion!)

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: