April 28, 2024, 09:51:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mazda RX7 barn find  (Read 1540 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »

1984 - not bad condition for age according to seller (friend from another place)

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:29:05 PM »

What's the story behind that one then Bobbi?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »

Dunno really - a mate that was well into bikes and is now more into Landrovers posted it on Facebook so I said I'd put it on here - I'll ask him!

And the answer from JP was...
its my mate, he used to drive it around till a few years back, then put it in a barn he rents and been there since!
Now the landlord put the rent up and he's getting rid of it, he also has a Buick to work on, so this one has to go.
He has all the stuff, documents, original wheels, a few boxes of spares and the car itself is quite good, no rot in the engine bay or wheel arches, looking at it, I reckon its probably a days work to get it back on the road.
We towed it to another storage place and it was all fine, clutch was sticking as it was stood for a few years, but once i got it in gear and let the clutch go, its fine, doesnt stick anymore..
We didnt manage to start it, but it was probably due to weak battery or starter sticking...and it even has immobiliser!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:02:16 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: