May 14, 2024, 09:53:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: twin turbo v8  (Read 5886 times)
harley gazz

« on: February 07, 2007, 05:30:02 PM »

well as i asked on here before about making manifolds, my youngest son has gone and bought himself a second hand set  of twin turbo,s pipes manifolds off a tvr i think but they were to fit injection so he has just got to get everthing piped up on a spare engine he has in the garage and make some brackets to fit carbs to turbo,s  all on a v8 disco off roader i tried telling him that someone on the forum said it would be a mentle ride but hee has gotta try it he has a need fer speed i think  Cheesy just needs some wings bolting on the side i think and up up and away Grin

arc eye tha noo
toad

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:34:29 PM »

oh dear oh dear! right to make the tvr set up work your gonna need a pair of mg metro turbo carbs! then reverse the spidles on one carb for the linkages to line up! then theres the sump to drill to take the return oil feed! then you,ll need the uprated pump gears and sandwich plate from real steel!!! the list goes on and on! it,ll be a very expensive excercise with no real gain offroad due to the power delivery! Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
harley gazz

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 11:57:44 PM »

hi toad the item he bought was a janspeed twinturbo ,rover ,tvr set up i think he has already done some workto the sump to take oil feedpipe i just leave him to it maybe it will work i hope then no tantrums or maybe it wont,spitting feathers Cheesy

arc eye tha noo
harley gazz

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 06:45:08 PM »

hmm it did not work seems ya were right , he got it all running though sump return pipes fer the oil,return adjuster valves on the charge hoses if thats wot there called but fired it up and run it then some unseen forces were at work gremlins Shocked i think a seal; went in one of the turbo,s bloody smokey it was a real pea souper so he has returned it back to standard most likely all the stuff will end up back on ebay to try and regain his dosh , mind you my oldest lad works at a breakers yard and if he got hold of metro turbo carbs ect he may start again,  ;)who knows Cheesy

arc eye tha noo
tazet
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:46:51 PM »

So did you say I told you so  Grin Grin Grin
harley gazz

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:32 PM »

tazet i did not say i told you so he will learn by his mistakes its a costly one ,but he will learn he just has to tinker to try and get more speed, my motto is do not touch it unless it is broken if its running fine leave well alone , any way wheres me piece of birthday cake has mankey ate it all and did not share Angry

arc eye tha noo
tazet
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »

Yup If it aint broke don't fix it. Grin

He's eaten it all and he didn't even share it with me apart from one small slice  Roll Eyes
harley gazz

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »

the greedy so and so self self i was expectin some nice cake in the post Angry

arc eye tha noo
tazet
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 08:04:57 PM »

I will see what i can do  Grin
harley gazz

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »

i see my karma,has stableised Grin
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 08:09:49 PM by dynatrike » Logged

arc eye tha noo