May 16, 2024, 01:42:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Replying to specific posting  (Read 1110 times)
Brant

« on: November 22, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »

New to the forum and struggling to find technique for attaching a reply to a specific posting.  Can anyone help me?

Perhaps I should be a little more explicit.  Lets say a topic has been running for several weeks and I would like to reply to specific posting made in the first week.  How do I pick-out that posting and attach my reply to it so the original comment and reply appear together, rather than just tacking a reply after the latest posting (which may not be relevant) and refering back?

Is there is a reply icon somewhere on the original posting, or some other routine, that will connect my reply to it?
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »

in the top right if the posting a the word "quote"
click it and it will quote the post in your post
New to the forum and struggling to find technique for attaching a reply to a specific posting.  Can anyone help me?

Perhaps I should be a little more explicit.  Lets say a topic has been running for several weeks and I would like to reply to specific posting made in the first week.  How do I pick-out that posting and attach my reply to it so the original comment and reply appear together, rather than just tacking a reply after the latest posting (which may not be relevant) and refering back?

Is there is a reply icon somewhere on the original posting, or some other routine, that will connect my reply to it?
like so

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:28:55 PM »

There's also a HELP button at the top just under your name - this explains lots of things, prolly not to helpful to read the lot at once but any time you have a problem with hoe the forum works it's worth having a look there.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »

in the top right if the posting a the word "quote"
click it and it will quote the post in your post

like so

Or if the post goes back too far for this method, just highlight want you want to 'quote', right click over it, select 'copy', click the 'reply' button, position the cursor in the reply box and right click again and select 'paste'.

Sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs. I'm just covering all the bases Wink

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
Brant

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »

Thanks guys.  I've got it now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: