May 14, 2024, 09:21:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: Shauns Anglia Pickup  (Read 107341 times)
panthershaun

« on: February 22, 2007, 08:45:36 PM »

As you may have heard Roll Eyes I've become the proud owner of a 1958 Ford Pop which I'm going to Hotrod.
the car is in pretty good condition for its year but has the usual rust spots.
Righto the plan is to build myself a pickup.
This is going to be a LOW budget build done in stages.
Firstly I have been given a 100e motor which I'm going to fit and get the car on the road in pretty much standard trim. The car will have the front wings removed, and hopefully the front axle relocated 6 or 7 inches further forward and a couple of inches lower. Going to run it with the standard brakes Shocked and front skinny wheels. I want to fit a pair of fatter VW rear wheels. If we can do it I want to fit a blower on the engine as well., all this done hopefully by the summer.
This is the build plan stage 1.
Stage 2 will involve the removal of the body from the chassis and boxing the chassis completely, extending it reward by 7 or 8 inches and fitting a Bedford Rascal rear axle and springs.
The body will be cut off behind the doors, The roof is going to be chopped and the Morris 1000 pickup cab back I have will be adapted to fit ( I hope!!). The doors will have their hinges reversed to give me suicide doors and I will be fitting a smallish modern 4 pot engine which we may again blow Grin Grin Grin Grin
The plan is to paint the car in either matt black or purple with either red wheels or maybe yellow, really want a set of 16 inch Ford wires but will settle for the 16inch taxi wheels I have.
All this sounds so easy as I sit at my computer drinking red wine, time will tell Wink
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 08:57:18 PM by panthershaun » Logged

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »

Good Luck!

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
tazet
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 07:25:46 AM »

Soon you can crack open a bottle of champers or 2  Wink
panthershaun

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

Grin Grin Cheesy Grin Grin Kiss

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:21:02 PM »

Maybe we should break one over the bows.
You come up with a name for your new ride yet Shaun?
Hurry up & chop that Pop so I can learn from your mistakes & do mine right!  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
panthershaun

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 03:26:57 PM »

Poppy  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »

Must try harder.

panthershaun

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 06:03:43 PM »

Nope, that is her name now Grin toasted with champers the day she came home Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Couple of pics taken today

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 06:47:19 PM »

She's a beauty quite fance one meself If I had room......... the cash...............and 'Er indoor's permission.

But then again a Zodiac or Zephyr

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »

Nice shirt mate  Wink
Lookin' good. All set to go cruisin'  Cool

lunatic

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »

Fatter Vw rear wheels might be too pricey if you want 16" ones. Dont think you can get 16" any bigger than 4.5j. You could have you original rims banded. Boston engineering in Lincs can do it legally for 20 quid a rim. The guys on retro rides have been using them. The guys name is Steve, his no. is 01205 361218. Also Johnny 69 on retro rides has got a pop which he bought to use through the winter! Might be worth taking a quick look over there?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 01:52:30 PM »

That's worth knowing Loony. £20 each is a bargain for phat wheels. Would be nice to keep the original Pop hub caps.

lunatic

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 01:57:39 PM »

Thats what I thought! They band wheels for commercial vehicles so they have to be licenced. Nice to keep the original wheels and hubcaps but add a little phatness! Grin
panthershaun

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 07:25:48 PM »

Midland wheels do NEW 5x205 pcd in 4.5 &5.5 x 15 for £39.95 each.
But I will give those others a ring, would be nice to keep all the wheels the same.

brock

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »

To whom it may concern ,
notice that ? a plan ! not very detailed at this stage , but a general direction mapped out. All very achievable (?) sensible (?) steps , based , I'm willing to bet, on what is available and do-able . The Donkey just scored a Vauxhall 2.0 twin cam red top for sensible money , just need to tempt it out of him and find a box to suit and build a sump and you could run rings around Fords, although Joe Egg's Cossie is due for breaking unless he winds the Scoobie into a tree first, in which case !!!
   Always very easy to build some else's dream car ! , thinking about Shaun's description , I keep looking at the Volksrods with their extended beams and lack of wings , hammer the top , rebuild the lower side panels from the firewall forward , as smooth as you like , tall narrow wide whites on the back , smaller version of the same on the front , extend the front frame rails , sectioning would be a bas**rd but raising the rear arches would be achievable , if you must have satin or matt black on the body then pre-empt the trend and have the chassis finished to top standard , possibly in flake or metalic as second choice and the fire wall in cream (it's the law !, or should be) and finish the interior !!! all the metal in body colour and the upholstry with flake inserts on the wearing areas.
   Right! , all my clothes hanging up in the bathrtoom to dry, most of the grease washed off of the kebab ( mainly down my trousers ) , that's me in for the night , damm the weather ,  might have tarried for one or maybe two too long at the Bear , but thats Saturday nights for you , the world put to rights,  I shall retire to dream of a donated two door Morris 1000 shell and  my little hot rod to be

PS , the chop should be tapered , more at the front than the rear
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: