May 14, 2024, 07:33:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brock & Scottie's Metropolitan gasser  (Read 14041 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »

Topolino bodied, Rover motored one in Custom Car magazine this month Mike. 3 1/2 grand. Brock's wondering if it's his old chassis, from Black Pig one.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
spanners

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 11:03:01 PM »

Topolino bodied, Rover motored one in Custom Car magazine this month Mike. 3 1/2 grand. Brock's wondering if it's his old chassis, from Black Pig one.
what date is this months mag ,, anyone got a copy of the add, wouldnt mind seeing what it looks like and  wherabouts isit ,,
ta,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »

It's got an orange Pop on the cover. Came out in the shops on Friday, (2 days ago).
Brock says if it's his old chassis, (he thinks it is), it wouldn't get a certification tag for racing cos it was Reynolds seamless tube -top quality old fashioned stuff but outside the regs . Could be run for Run What Ya Brung meets though & presumably lower speed racing? -I don't know how the regs work, but think you get different tags for different classes.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »

Nash now sold.
Brock writes:

The Nash went to a new home today. After being up at the crack of nine o'clock to be at the shed to meet the buyers, I managed to be late to see the people that had been travelling down from Manchestershire for four hours and was very surprised to see that it was our good friends Glyn and Elliot, ex Wild Bunch alchy altered racers looking for a diversion. They seemed quite pleased with the car and took it and very nearly a shed full of stuff to go with it. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

billyboy132

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 10:21:21 PM »

Good evening all. This is Elliott who bought the little Met' off steve and Scott. Well, i'll rephrase, my other half actually bought! Im sorry to say that the original plan was to drop it on the deck with an IFS but i soon rectified that. Amanda didnt realise you could build a gasser and it be street legal, and we already have one tempremental race car! (soon to return!). So anyway, we are back on track. Progress is slow due to work commitments bit the rover v8 and powerglide are gone. I dont like rovers unfortunately and there was a spare 302 ford in our circle of friends. Ive got plenty of goodies for small block fords too!! I really wanted a four speed car so i found a toploader but its actually a truck box and 4th is overdrive for cruising. I dont want to make steve and scotts incredible work look bad so feel i have to make sure the rest of the car is completed to their standard!! It will be caged, and remain what appears to be its original colour, red, although it will be candy!!!

Our other car also bears an austin badge although its only a replica of an american austin bantam body on our altered chassis. Again small block ford but all aftermarket and running on alky!! Im also desoerately trying to get an Austin champ back on the road which only needs minor work!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »

Hiya Elliott. Welcome aboard!
I'm Steve's younger brother, (the better looking one). Always nice to hear a project's gone to a loving new home. So when do we get to see some progress photos?

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: