May 15, 2024, 05:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kawasaki GT550 trike for sale  (Read 2653 times)
rhodgie

« on: November 22, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

Hello and my first time posting here, I am looking to sell my trike cause never gony use it and someone pointed me to this site so here goes....  It's as the title says and is currently on a well known auction site until the end of the week, see the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-GT550-Trike-/180758813324?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a16109a8c#ht_1492wt_922

or search for item 180758813324

The advert says it all I think (hope!) and any questions mail, call or text me. I'm working all week so may not be able to answer straight away but I will try.

Thanks for your time and hopefully I'll be able to join in the forum conversations soon

rhodgie 
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »

Rhodgie!  Wondered if that was you from the NABD forum - I don't use it now.  Still got my GT550 trike so I'm not a buyer for yours, just thought I'd say hi!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
rhodgie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »

Aye that's me.....  :-).   Got it advertised there too. Trikes are great but I just can't get to grips wi them (it?) so I'm gony stick to my sidecar outfits as prefer them, easier for me to transfer on & off, more practical as cany carry stuff (like my wheelchair, camping gear, shopping, beer, etc) so unless I win or inherit a fortune to buy a big trike and caravan trailer it's sidecars for me.

Nice to hear from you again and hopefully I'll be dropping in more in the future :-)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »

Hiya Rhodgie. Welcome aboard.  Wink
Tidy looking trike. As you say, they're not for everyone. Totally different to riding a bike, but a lot of fun. I was at the Cheshire NABD rally a couple of years ago & got chatting to a guy with a hardtail chop & sidecar. He & his mate had ridden all the way from Scotland, taking the scenic route because they thought the motorways were boring. He had one arm & one leg.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
rhodgie

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »

Guy your talking about is ally, comes from gourock down the coast fa Glasgow. He rides 90% of the time only using car for when it's really cold or he really has too for some reason, normaly travels with his collie dog Bess. Depending on when that was the other guy could have been me, had my blue/purple? 600 divvie wi a silver velux sidecar at the time, I'm a wheelchair user :-( still got that outfit but it'll be next for sale, got a 900 divvie wi a squire few years ago but cany keep them all. Will try post pictures later. Ally also plays the guitar, usually the bass, does most of his adaptions himself too, no leading links or dampers on his outfit either...!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:41 PM »

Probably 5 or 6 years ago now. I would've been on the first of my 2 green Triumph Speed Triples. I went up to attend the civil wedding ceremony of my mates Dorro & Chris, (they had a medieval/Scottish do during the rally).
Small World ain't it! I sat & chatted with him for maybe half an hour & came away feeling very humble. Not sure how I'd cope with a major disability -not as well as Ally I suspect.
Because we feature a lot of trikes here, we have quite a few disabled readers. So any info or advice on adaptations could be very useful. Feel free to post how-to threads in the Trike or Bike Tech sections.  Smiley

rhodgie

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »

Aye it was me who rode down wi him, if I remember right he went away on the Sunday to ride the cat & fiddle then spent next two days partying wi someone  :-)  there were a few of us there then, good times  ;-)   

http://www.nabd.org.uk/openhouse/openhouse52/index.htm

NABD mag issue number 52, me on the cover (in the chair) wi Dik, my 600 outfit just on the edge, think ally is in the background.... he's def inside it though.....
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

Haven't seen or heard of Dik on the internet for a while - is he ok?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
voodoo

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

Hi, what sort of money are you after for it?...Ive not got room myself for it atm but I have a few people that keep asking me whats for sale & how much.....All the way down in Wiltshire so other end of the country, but its a decent day out in a van to collect it from you...Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

Grin

rhodgie

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:59:06 AM »

Hi BG, Dik is fine as far as I know, no seen him for a while but still posts on NABD site.

Voodoo it's cost me £1k so far so just looking to break even...  if doesn't sell I'll spend another few quid (couple hundred maybe?) to get it MOT'd and see where I go from there.

haha.... :-)   aye that's me & Dik and ally is in the background, I'm also inside the mag wi a few others that had come down...  that was a great time....     On run down I was in lead the whole way cause allys Harley has straight thru pipes and the noise behind him was just too loud to follow so I went in front.......   same road down wi Dik we came across animals on the road (dogs I think that had escaped?) so I'm tooting my puny weak horn wi no effect... then Dik reved up the Valky wi its 6 cylinders and straight thru pipes.....  poor feckers crapped themselves and ran back to their owners.... 

Roll on 2012....  :-)   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: