May 15, 2024, 09:07:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly hello and new bike yet again...  (Read 2243 times)
voodoo

« on: October 23, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »

Hiya all....sorry not about much atm but getting stuck into all those little jobs that mount up......Decided to have a bit of a shed clear out last week and managed to sell off loads of gear plus my GSX i was gonn ause for winter...but all is not loast as I had already spotted and sorted out a replacement bike....this very yellow GS 750 (wont be yellow for long!)....Superb standard bike with a very nice sounding exhaust....just tracked down a load of plastics and another fuel tank...soon as they arrive I gotta paint them and swap them over as yellow is not exactly my colour lol.....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
voodoo

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »

Sheesh typical weather outside...was gonna go out for a nice run on the bike today to blow out the cobwebs but not a hope in hell with this weather....oh well missus has just volunteered me to go help decorate a friends house today........think I will just get some more bits done in the shed tomorrow instead..Mates Gs chop is 99% done only need to stick brakes back on and get a brake pressure switch that will fit into the new forwards as standard Banjo bolt is wrong thread,then its linkage for the gear change to make......Voodoo.....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:02:16 AM »

Wet n miserable here too -the weather, not me. Nice GS VD.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »

Well that yellow GS is now stripped and undergoing a little tidy up...should be repainting it over next 3 or 4 days....got carbs stripped down awaiting rebuild kits as it had a sticky float in one of them so thought it best to do them all before I start useing it.....Trying to get hold of a couple of side panels for it...so if anyone has some please give me a shout....oh also could use a new rear mudguard and rear light mounting bracket....Will stick some pic's up of it done....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Mr_G

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

What is your plan with the Yellow GS?

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
voodoo

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 09:26:31 PM »

So far,ive stripped back and sprayed the frame silver/black cleaned wire brushed and sprayed the engine a nice satin black..stripped and rebuilt the carbs...polished carbs and cases..re-enameled the exhaust....got hold of another fuel tank and rear tail piece...started to strip the paintwork ready for a respray...going to paint one set of bodywork standard GS colours and other set is going to be done in red Kandy with silver ghost flames.....Planning on useing it over the winter as my hack...Next year no idea if I will keep it yet lol....Voodoo.....
Would of got 90% of it done today but had a mountain bike to paint and my mates chop to finish lol

Custom Paint Spraying...
ROD

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:35:12 AM »

Of topic.......Is that the lean to shed you built ? Looks nice and light ...and dry!
voodoo

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »

yep that my sneaky car porch that evolved into a workshop lol...yep its dry and great to tinker about in when I cant sleep...I put on clear roofing sheets to keep it as light as poss in there...adapted the front fence into a 2 piece gate whilst keeping it looking like a fence and stuck power and lights up....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Clive

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »

Niiiice!!! Both the bike, and the 'workshop'!!!!!

Just about to convert my new shed into a studio (or Shed-io) for airbrushing, especially over the winter!!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
voodoo

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »

Ive done the same with mine..its attatched to the workshop area......8'x12' so plenty of room...off into town in the next week to go shopping for some more airbrushing kit...atm got 3 guns but after a couple more and possibly a smaller compressor as atm I have a choice of my little 24ltr or my 150ltr and need something that runs a lot quiter...i have a direct feed airbrush comp but I am not happy with the psi from it...still nearly xmas so I will treat myself to an early prezzie...Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Clive

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »

What PSi do you want out of it buddy!

I've got a Wurther Airbox going spare. It's about the size of a shoebox, quiet, and puts out 30-35Psi constantly!

Yours if you want it mate, I've got a newer one!!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
voodoo

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »

Thanks for the offer Clive...how much you want for it?....Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
Clive

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »

Now, did I mention cash!!!!! Like I said, yours if you want it, it's a direct feed comp still, but has served me well. Pop up and have a look (I'm only in Andover, numbers on my website!!), if you don't want it then fine, I'll still have a spare!!! Grin
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:35:24 PM by Clive » Logged

voodoo

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »

Much appreciated Clive I will give you a ring about it....Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: