May 16, 2024, 07:24:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear fender struts  (Read 1014 times)
hornet6

« on: July 25, 2010, 06:22:19 PM »

Hi.I was just wondering if all after-market rear fenders are all the same radius,roughly about 18inches? The reason why ime asking is,ive bought one that i was going to fit to my project.Now,dont laugh or mock,but i made a great looking central mounted bracket that i dont want to show anyone just yet because i think there maybe a potential to make some more of them,and sell em on the old e.bay.
I will try and get a photo of the rear mudguard that i bought. Ya see,i may be able to get these items laser cut and available in mild steel or stainless steel,which could be highly polished like chrome and will simply bolt on to the frame. Huh Huh   

no projects ever finished
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »

Are we talking bikes or trikes here? Never taken much notice as I usually make my own aluminium trike guards from flat aluminium sheet rolled to suit whatever tyres I'm using, but I was recently in CycleHaven's shop up in Lincolnshire & they had a stack of custom bike guards against one wall. No idea what diameter they were, but they looked to be all the same size.
I'll be looking for a guard for the back of my XS650 chop project at some point, so will be interested to see what you've come up with.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Bikerpsyco

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:19:49 PM »

sounds good hornet would be interesting to see what youve done when your ready to show people, good old ebay Grin i love it, just in the prosess of putting another guard on my 250 bobber.

Im not violent just crazy.
hornet6

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 04:03:44 AM »

I have,nt actually mounted the bracket yet,so just watch this space,all will be revealed Roll Eyes

no projects ever finished
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: