May 14, 2024, 01:26:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ^$&*^$(&^% DVLA  (Read 1755 times)
twistgrip

« on: July 16, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »

I've just spent a frustrating 10 minutes going through all the Phone options at the DVLA to try and get a SORN for one of the Triples. The final option was "For all other enquiries, press 5" which I dutifully did...
" Sorry, but this service is not available to you"!  Huh
So I ring again and go through another round of option after option until I get to speak to a pleasant lady - I tell her what I want to do, she asks whether I have the logbook to hand and then, me having said yes, says she'll put me through to the dept that deals with it - here we go again; another round of options and then at last we get to the automated service - I enter the reference number requested and get the message
"We are sorry, but we cannot deal with this as there has been a change to the vehicle details"
Well of course there bloody has, I've got the new logbook to prove it with a new reference number.
So now I have to go to my local post office - which is crap after they closed all the other little ones within walking distance - take a ticket, wait at least 25 minutes for them to deal with the 75 other customers in front of me ( there's always 20 or more in front of me when I go! ), just so I can go to the counter and ask for another form!
Cameron says he wants to cut beaurocracy, well he can make a start on that lot.
Still That'll get me out of the shopping tomorrow.
Cheers
rant over
David

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:09:33 PM by twistgrip » Logged

Regards
David
voodoo

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:48:47 PM »

Just gone through the same crap whilst trying to sorn a vehicle...I ended up going down the post office and getting the form to sorn it...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
tazet
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

I do everything on line and not had any problems. So long as you have the V5 there should be no problems.
twistgrip

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »

I normally do everything on line, but this time I was stonewalled at every turn.
And yes I did have the V% - brand new arrived in the post yesterday!

Regards
David
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »

I've had the same problem, they won't do it online either if there's been a recent change of information - sometimes!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: