May 16, 2024, 09:59:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: possible change of trike plan might make this instead??  (Read 1618 times)
Bikerpsyco

« on: July 30, 2010, 07:31:21 PM »

well i was going to make the dolomite trike but due to the fact the dolomite is rotten ripe i think it best to cut my losses and get something else and a more modern s plate hyundai lantra has  caught my eye and this is what has come to mind,
the car is front wheel drive but i have the axle from the dolomite so i will remove the indipendant suspension and the brace and hubs from the lantra and hopefully use the brackets from the lantra shocks and put them on the dolomite axle then there we go put the lincages  to the underbody and rear wheel drive we have, Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:04:46 PM by Bikerpsyco » Logged

Im not violent just crazy.
tbone

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:40:41 PM »

Marginaly better than the first one, but still not my thing.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Bikerpsyco

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 09:59:13 PM »

didnt think itd be everybodys cup of tea i just quite fancy doing a car rear ended trike dont know why lol think it might look better in the flesh , will have to see, what kind of trikes are you in to?Huh?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »

Not really my thing either but looks MUCH better than the other!  Sounds rather complicated using axle from rear wheel drive with engine/box that's designed to drive 2 front wheels tho?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 07:34:29 AM »

What you need to bear in mind is the cars body on it's own will not need to be structural. It can just be bolted on  to the frame and a new floor/seat area fabricated to fit.

It would be quicker and easier if you could get a rear wheel drive car that would suit.

I still think that scrapping the bike frame and building it from scratch/MSVA would be the safest route and probably quicker in the long run. Wink

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Bikerpsyco

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »

well im going to use the engine from the gs850 just using the body from the lantra so no drive worries lol
have already drawn up thge designs on how i will mount the axle and what frame i will be making so all is ok should be straight forward enough and getting a rear wheel drive car to suit would have been good but i am very very tight on money and this was the best looking car at the scrappie lol Grin Grin
well im afraid building a frame is a bit beyond me at the moment due to room cash and no electric at my garage  Wink just tring to get things done cheapish and as i am using the gs engine anyway i will just use the frame and beef it up  should be ok  will add pics as i get things done

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: