May 02, 2024, 06:52:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful out there people.  (Read 2785 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 21, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »

Was riding down the M27 last night, taking Rainbow home to Southampton after the Alton bike meet. Blatting along in the darkness at a steady 90 ish in the outside lane, we suddenly found ourselves riding into a huge cloud of smoke then headlights appeared, spinning around in the road in front of us. A car driver two cars ahead had hit the central Armco barrier, sending his car spinning across all three lanes of the motorway & coming to rest on the hard shoulder. Very luckily he didn't hit a single vehicle & emerged very shaken but unscathed from his car. I managed to haul the brakes on in time & scoot around the debris in the road. We stopped to check he was O.K then left, not actually having witnessed what happened, when other drivers pulled up.
Anyway, it didn't hit me till I got home how lucky we'd been not to plough into him, be hit by flying debris, go down after colliding with bits of car on the carriageway or be rammed by following vehicles, (there was a Sainsburys artic two cars behind us).
So just a little personal serious note among the Mankiness, people. Be very careful out there please. Don't want to lose any of you. x 

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
STEViE

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:56:17 PM »

Glad to hear that both of you are ok. Smiley

Bye bye darlin' I'm goin' far away
I'm headin' out upon my bike an' Im leavin' here today
I said bye bye darlin' I've really got to go
'cos I'm headin' out upon that open road
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »

Shaken, stirred, but still Manky.   Grin

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 07:45:18 PM »

Yo Dude, just read this bit. pretty scary. you just have to ride for other people, always looking at the one in front of the one in front as well as the one behind etc etc, you know what I mean. I've been "gently spoken to" by my passengers in the past week since ive been back on the road, dont know why I only toodle around at 35/110mph, heheheheeee. BUT I do take care, best wishes to all. Grin

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 08:00:11 PM »

Pete, did you go to the Netley Marsh steam fair? I'll probably be there tomorrow. Got any piccies for us?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: