May 17, 2024, 04:52:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MG YB But very much a project.  (Read 2732 times)
The North

« on: October 14, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »

I am playing piggy in the middle here i don't like this game but here goes.  Wink

I got a phone call yesterday from the wife of an old work mate, who retired to the Lincolnshire coast about 15 years ago.
  To cut a long story short he died just after Christmas i went to the funeral the son asked if i wanted any of his stuff i knew he had a Bridgeport mill i wanted but he was keeping that he said, i left it that anything they decided to sell let me know.
  Now the deceased mans wife mentioned an old MG YB i was surprised to hear he still had this car as he bought it over 20 years ago from a house at bell view  Doncaster it was a rolling shell and rough back then.
 I just went over to see it this morning on the yam it as not changed any its just a shell and as i said rough, its been nursed inside and covered in 4mm pluss of the thick dust only storage creates.
   No price was discussed but they want to sell it, i had a cup off tea a buiscuit kicked a football about with their grandsons  and left saying i would ask the question if any one was interested.
  So i am asking the question is any body interested in it ?

Note i am not making a bean out of this thing its there its rolling still moved the car is a mess but basically quite sound as no bumpers or bumper brackets as no engine or box a propshaft laid on the floor inside, the pannels are straight but the lower front corner of the rear wings are rough and both running board sections are completly missing, there is no log book or any form of id with the car no plate inside as VNU--5 it was therefore a Notingham car.
 The chassis looks solid as a rock and all the tyres are inflated but the tyres themselves are perished to death.
 It wont make an original  car again without spending silly money so if ever there were a reason to hot rod a car you are looking at it.
  The engine bay is long but quite narrow so a six or four rather than a v at a guess would be the best choice of engine perhaps.
 I have no actual photos of the car yet but these photos show its colour on the complete car and roughly its condition on the car on the truck.
 If interested in it let us know.

NOTE THIS IS NOT THE CAR>
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/5786897087_4b8fc8efc6_b_zpsa4b18e89.jpg
MG YB But very much a project.

Not the car.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/5786895373_31c32a8153_b_zps04cdb724.jpg

The above car is i would say similar to the car in question, and the car below is what colour i imagine it was as new.
 http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/tikka25/snowyYB_zps83890bce.jpg

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:03:14 PM by The North » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »

Any idea of price?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:21 PM »

To be fair no but i think, she will be steered by me a bit. I recon its sort of a 400 maybe 500 quid car. its only worth what some one will pay for it though.  No way could you gather the parts to make it original there is a complete car on ebay for 10 grand but man anyone who paid that for one would be off their head in my opinion.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

Not for me -definitely enough projects of my own -but a price always helps a sale.

thebigdogsix

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »

Totally agree Andy i hate it when people say bid me on it as it often offends when you offer less than is expected/wanted  Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

Very true. Would be nice to save a Brit classic from the scrap yard & give it a new lease of life.

spanners

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:58:45 PM »

IT,S SCREAMING ,,,HOTROD,, Wink Wink  (chopped diesel pick-up)

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »

It would be nice to save it, and for me hot roding it is right and logical. And in fairness to lots of car marque owners clubs they are realistic at times, but some can be bloody minded about it and rather see them sold for spares to use up on  true pedigree cars rather than the hot rod route.  A good looking dog is a good looking dog it dont have to be eligible for crufts to be a show winner if you know what i mean.  Grin Grin
spanners

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:31:03 PM »

It would be nice to save it, and for me hot roding it is right and logical. And in fairness to lots of car marque owners clubs they are realistic at times, but some can be bloody minded about it and rather see them sold for spares to use up on  true pedigree cars rather than the hot rod route.  A good looking dog is a good looking dog it dont have to be eligible for crufts to be a show winner if you know what i mean.  Grin Grin
a lot of good lookin,, mongrals, about  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »

Yep and  manky monkeys  usually driving them. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: