May 14, 2024, 10:57:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel nuts  (Read 2036 times)
gpz

« on: April 08, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

does anybody know is there different tapers on wheel nuts im putting m12x 1.5 wheel studs into reliant axle [im running 17"wheels]
but ive seen some nuts that have a 60degree taper the nuts are to fit wollfrace wheels hope someone can help dont want to get wrong nuts and can anyone recomend anywhere that i can get studs and nuts together
brock

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:22:25 PM »

that'll be Speedshack then,

http://www.speedshack.co.uk/
C J

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:32:43 PM »

Yep, Speedshack will sort you out.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:06 PM »

Yup, I'll third that. Their details are in the Links for Commercial Purposes section.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
gpz

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »

thanks for that guys now getting off track i seem to remember some one turning some axle plates like the ones manky designed out off aliminium sheet 10mm ithink ,i have some 12mm sheet aliminium would this be to thick ?or is there enough movement on the caliper carriers to acomadate this .the guy that is machineing the plates was a bit worried about the strenght hope someone out there can help
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »

It was SaddleBags who CNC machined the caliper plates from 10mm aluminum. I've got a pair on my new trike & Taz has a set ready to go on hers. Mr Bags assures us the strength issue ain't a problem & he's a clever techy type bloke, so I believe him.

gpz

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 05:10:29 PM »

r your plates made off alloy or steel ,would it be possible to find out how big the recess is on those plates in the picture
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »

Aluminum. SaddleBags says that although there's sideways pressure on the plates during braking, the bulk of the stress is on the edge of the plate as the disc stops the wheel rotating, so 10mm ally's fine.
The recess in the middle fits over the flange on the end of the axle, with a flat on one edge to locate on the corresponding flat on the axle flange. The calipers then sit towards the back of the trike at about 45 degrees. The recessed section is 7mm thick, so a 3mm step.
Did you ask about the diameter of the centre hole? On the drawing SaddleBags gave me it says 40mm, but I've just measured our plates & it's actually 47mm.
I'll rework the drawing, add as much info as possible, & re-post it all in the trike tech section of the main site when I get a minute.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: