May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: welding bottles  (Read 8776 times)
Cabman77

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »

I went back to visit my old metalwork teacher once. It was good to see all the forge tools I`d made still hanging there on the forge. I gave a hand to some of the kids with the candlesticks they were making etc. I caught two little sctotes mucking about with the oxy acetylene bottle key. I very delicately, I thought, put it to them that I wouldn`t want to be the one to tell their parents that it was all their own fault that they got blown up/seriously burnt/damaged etc, and left them doing the brazing they were supposed to be doing with the propane torch. Only a matter of minutes later I heard the crash, so did my old teacher, and we both ran to the brick built blacksmith area at the end of the workshop. The acetylene bottle and the oxygen bottle were both flat on the floor with the oxygen bottle hissing away with escaping gas, after the gauges had broken off, and there was a strange bubbling sound along with it. My old teacher screamed "OUT!!!!!" and I rushed the kids out and away from the workshop not really sure what was happening, he went and turned the oxy bottle off before he too came out. We all hovered around, well away from the workshop, for about 5 minutes and then there was one almighty bang, followed by a purple coloured bottle exiting the far end of the workshop via the brick wall and off, like a torpedo across the playing fields. That s**t me up big time. Never seen anything like since thank god but always listening for acetylene bottles bubbling when using them. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
nabsim

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »

I remember me and a mate cutting up a length of angle that was blocking some feed bins at the quarry. Think we were on propane and oxy rather than acetylene but not certain. I was a few metres away from mate who had torch and all of a sudden there was an almighty bang. Turned out one of the rubber pipes had burst but what a bang, the bit that went was only about 2 feet from my mates ear and he was virtually deaf in that ear for a few days

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 09:18:41 PM »

That's why i want a plasma cutter. No gas needed. I have an oxy kit tho

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: