April 28, 2024, 11:12:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: engine swaps  (Read 1855 times)
WAYNE999

« on: August 20, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »

Do we all remember when we swapped an engine gave the numbers,size and fuel type to the chaps in Swansea,they then sent a shiny new log sheet and everyone was happy.
After my bikes recent re build and engine change I sent the log sheet away thinking it would come back in a couple of weeks with new numbers an all would be good.
No it wasn't.6 weeks on I was delighted to see a letter from the DVLA,it was a log sheet but it came with the old engine number and a letter saying that I had to prove the engine had been changed with a receipt on headed paper for the engine,a report from the AA or RAC, an insurance inspection or written conformation from Yamaha showing the engine number and engine size.Unless the change was made before I bought the bike then I need confirmation on headed paper from the garage that carried out the swap(it was done in my back yard),or confirmation from an independent garage that the work has taken place.
I think I can sort myself out but,just beware its not as easy as it once was.       

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
gsxbobber

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »

I think i have the best policy i tell everbody nowt, reg number and make to insure thats it if they dont pay out then thats my loss ,its the same with loyalty cards no  thank you piss off .You cant beat the system so screw them instead.
WAYNE999

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:48:29 PM »

I can't help but think all this will do is promote fraud with people buying log sheets and stamping numbers into engines and frames that match the paperwork and saying "its been like that for ages". I used to be of the thinking I could get away with saying "it was like that when I bought it your Honour" But it cant work like that (can it?).

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
gsxbobber

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »

I have never had the vin number or engine number checked at the MOT station on a bike give old MOT and they presume nothing has changed. My last MOT the colours didnt match he just changed the colour on new ticket and said that will do. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: