March 28, 2024, 04:03:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic car show in West Clandon!!!  (Read 5907 times)
phunkie hiboy

« on: June 05, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »

Event Information For ' Macmillan Cancer Support Classic Car Show'
Date: 17/07/2011-17/07/2011 Times: 11.00a.m.- 4.00p.m.
Car Information: All classic cars are welcome. Hospitality area, children's play area, stalls. Access is via the A247 directly onto the beautiful Clandon Park Estate, at West Clandon, 4miles north of Guildford,
Event Description: Macmillan Cancer Support, Guildford are hosting their first Classic Car Show at Clandon Park,West Clandon, by kind permission of the Earl and Countess of Onslow.
Area:Surrey
Postcode: GU4 7RQ
Organiser Information:
Contact Name: Gilly Christian
Contact Address: Tel: 01483 210102 Mobile: 07702 090382
View Website: http://
Email Address: glchristian@btinternet.com
Standard Admission (£): Admission with classic car (£):

A couple of links
http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/carshoweventsinformation/carshow_date.asp?id=708
http://www.motoringevents.net/20465-Macmillan_Cancer_Support_Classic_Car_Show_and_Family_Fun_Day.html

Think we'll have a go at doing this one and go to the fairmile on the saturday.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:02:53 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »

For those that don't know, West Clandon is the village Taz & I live in, in Surrey & Clandon Park is the country estate we live on, (a National Trust owned mansion in privately owned grounds).
We could push Taz's Dodge Charger to that one!  Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »

Hmm. Apparently the National Trust know nothing about this event, so it's not on their property.
Taz's boss is Lord Onslow, who owns the rest of the estate. He doesn't know anything about it either. His father, who died a few weeks ago, may have given permission for an event, but there's no record of it anywhere.
If it goes ahead, maybe we should paint Taz's Charger burgundy, (the Onlsow family colour), put their crest on the doors & call it Dukes of Onslow?

spanners

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »

monkey,s of onslow =======more like it   Grin Grin

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »

I see it's in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support so I guess the old Lord might have given them the ok?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »

Sounds plausible doesn't it Bobbi.
I'll let you know if I hear any news.

spanners

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »

its a long run out for us ,,,,but i would like to have a ride down if things and funds allow  Smiley

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

Jeez, 250 miles plus, each way. That's a hell of an afternoon out Mike!

spanners

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »

yep == petrol ++++  jaffa cake,s  lol

but it,s a couple of mile,s closer than basingstoke,,,lol, +

i,ve got something that may need bringing south------ if airborne custom paints (clive) wants to have a go at it ,,

Clive

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »

Yup!!!! And I'll even pay for your fuel!!!! Smiley

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 08:07:12 PM »

Taz has just walked in the door & is on her mobile, talking about this show. As far as I can make out by eves dropping, they've found some emails between the old Lord Onslow & the MacMillan Trust, agreeing they can hold a car show on the estate. Unfortunately nobody else, including the new Lord knew anything about it, so they've got less than a month to get things organised. Should be interesting!

Cabman77

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:37:20 PM »

If thew funds allow we`d love to come down to see you at this one. Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:46 PM »

No idea how well attended it'll be -there's been minimal advertising so far cos no-one knew it was on!
Turns out it'll be held in the field literally at the bottom of our garden.
Be good to see you Cabby.  Wink
Taz mentioned putting his Lordship's crest on the doors of her Charger & taking it along to Lord Onslow -he liked the idea!
Profits for this particular show are all going to the MacMillan Trust, but if it goes well it could be a nice money earner for the estate.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:35:17 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

tazet
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »

As far as I am aware there are 150 cars coming for sure but they are hopeing it will be more like 200. There will be a one way system in place on the estate and it will be done so as not to get in the way of the main big house which is run by the national trust so if you come please follow signs. I will also be informing my clients that this way will be out of bounds unless going one way with every one else. It will be well sign posted and the entrance is on the A247 which is the only road that runs down through West Clandon.

renegade53

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »

was gonna go then i was told its the same day as uxbridge. shame that as i would of gone.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: