April 20, 2024, 07:37:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Sailors - Petition to Continue Search - Sad News  (Read 3568 times)
JayJay

« on: May 19, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »

Hi All
I am sure you have heard about the missing sailors on the news. It seems unbelievable that the US Coastguard have already given up the search for these experienced men. There is a petition to get the search restarted.

On Saturday, a cargo vessel which was helping with the search spotted and photographed an overturned hull which matched the description of the Cheeki Rafiki but reported no signs of people on board or a life raft. They didn't even check under the upturned hull. I am sure we all remember Tony Bullimore surviving under his for five days and he was all alone with no-one to raise his spirits plus he was in much colder water.

These men had time to get on a raft so if they are not under the hull then it is likely they are not far away with plenty of provisions. It would be terrible to think of them waiting for rescue but nobody was looking for them. Our Gvt is very quick to give money to others. Surely they should be willing to contribute to the US Coastguard and others if need be, to help find four of our own citizens.

If you feel you could show your support for these men please see the link below.

Thank you,  JJ

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/u-s-coastguard-restart-the-search-for-the-missing-cheeki-rafiki-crew-members?recruiter=96933295&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:16:08 PM by JayJay » Logged

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
twisted

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »

signed

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
the coppersmith

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »

all done.
merv

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »

Al so signed

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
gazzagood

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »

Done

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »

Signed

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
JayJay

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »

Thanks to all those who have signed. I know not everyone has chosen to say they have on here but many have let me know. It is appreciated.

When I signed the petition not long before I started this thread, about 17000 people had signed. I have just checked and over 100,000 have now signed. This is from people like us, signing and then encouraging others.

Will it make any difference, that I don't know. We can only have hope for these men and at least their families will know that we were bothered by their treatment (or lack of) and we took the time to voice our concern for them.

I have also emailed our Foreign Secretary (William Hague) directly.

Thanks again, JJ  Cool 

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 06:02:00 AM »

Done.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
scannerzer

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:21 AM »

done
the coppersmith

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »

The search goes on, hopefully the petition helped.
JayJay

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »

That's brilliant news. Let's hope there is a positive outcome.

Over 200,000 people have now signed.

Cheers, JJ  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:10:57 PM by JayJay » Logged

klogan45

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 05:53:43 PM »

Signed yesterday. Had a nice email today saying that the search would resume as over 200000 people signed. Lets hope the crew are found.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
JayJay

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 01:09:55 PM »

Sadly we have to assume the worst, as the life raft has been found still secured on Cheeki Rafiki. The upturned hull was checked by a diver and they were able to take photos of the life raft. It has been agreed that without that, the men really had no chance of surviving beyond 20 hours.

It is most probable that we, and more importantly their family and friends, will never know what happened. It must be very hard to find peace in these circumstances but I hope their loved ones do find it.

They have said the support shown to them, especially through the petition, has really helped them and they appreciate people stepping up and helping them when they felt so powerless.

Thanks folks.  JJ
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:14:36 PM by JayJay » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: