April 28, 2024, 03:38:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: headstock bearing covers for gaps  (Read 1844 times)
RODeo

« on: May 02, 2011, 05:20:12 AM »

Hi Oh wise ones......
  When assembling my headstock/yokes I have a gap between the base of the headstock and the top of the bottom yoke.(about 4 to 6mm) Im reckoning that there will be a fair amount of grease in this area from the bearing once finally assembled ,so what normally covers this gap? Some sort of small rubber bellows ?If there is a 'cover' of sorts Im assuming that it would 'float between the two surfaces,or be fixed to one surface e.g. underside of headstock,and 'sweep'on the other surface e.g. the top of the yoke. I cant see any evidence (marks)of this previously happening on the yoke tho'.Is it poss to make something up for this ?Is there some sort of trick to sealing this?
          Rod
Cabman77

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:12 AM »

you normally get one on the top bearing but not on the bottom one. I normally just wipe off any excess grease and leave it at that.

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: