May 01, 2024, 05:51:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryan's pinstriping  (Read 12946 times)
Al

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »

mr mm that boy is well talented and best to keep in with him while he is young
would he do work posted to him need to work out what im doing for paint job for something inthe pipe line so be a month or two
al
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 10:12:44 PM »

I'm sure he would. He lives in Cornwall. His big brother PD is a forum regular & probably the one to contact about it -PM him or I can give you his email/mobile details. Ryan should be on our pitch at the Basingstoke transport festival this weekend, showing some of his work. I'm told he'll probably have his brushes with him, but understandably, ain't keen on the pressure of a crowd watching him work just yet.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
kev

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »

gr8 art work Ryan you got 1 steady hand m8  Cool
PD

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:51 PM »

Elo you lot!!

Thought i should just post a thanks for all the encouraging comments for ryan, he's not a member on here, lazy sod, so he signs in on my profile to browse at what you lot are up to, and i know he's greatfull.

Also a HUGE thank you to clive for donating a fair bit of kit to him!! Cool
klogan45

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »

I wish I was half as good, I'd be a happy man. Great talent Ryan, use it and develop it. Theres a good future for you I reckon.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Clive

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 08:55:08 PM »

Seconded!!!! Ryan's probably one of the best young pinstripers I've seen since I've been doing this painting malarky!!!
PD, you need to drag him up to the KKBO show in September, where some of europes top pinstripers ( and airbrush artists) will be, so he can see (as I've already told him) that he is already at a high level of competence and could give some of those a good run for their money!! Would be a great place to gain some more ideas, tips and inspiration!
And again, you're more than welcome for the kit!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »

A belated happy 17th birthday to Ryan, our resident pinstriper.
Got a crash helmet for you to practice on this weekend if you want to matey.  Wink

Munk

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »

My new box
Munk

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »

Munk

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »

Munk

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »

Love the truck & the neon type colours. Very effective.
A purely personal opinion & meant constructively- your style's quite modern & spikey. Great for skateboards, BMX bikes etc, but hotrodders are a pretty traditional bunch, (most of us are 40 to 50 years old plus). If you can develop the curvier trad' style, (like the corners of your box), & lettering alongside the modern stuff it'll give you a wider customer base. There's a huge demand out there for your talents, (different styles for different vehicles).
I've got an open face helmet for you to improve when you're ready, ("Manky Monkey" & some stripey accenting), & the back axle for my truck if you fancy something more challenging, although it'll be repainted at a later date, so you'd have to do it twice!   Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:37:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 08:08:19 PM »

Just in case you're new to striping & don't quite "get it", have a look at this YouTube video.
How do they make it look so simple?! Amazingly intricate, delicate work & totally symetrical. Fascinating to watch.

Pinstriping vid

Galaxie500

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »

I love pinstriping. Looks like Ryan has some skills  Smiley
I've been trying my hand at pinstriping over the last 6 months, but I'm not very good yet. I still need more practise and lots of it!  Grin
skiprat

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 07:45:52 AM »

VERY VERY talented young man

I hope that teenage years, and the usual girls drink and drugs dont distract him from his natural talent, by all means still do them things, just dont forget how to stripe LOL

this is exactly what I had been looking for, my trikes about to hit the road, but over the winter if I keep it, I want some striping done once its had a repaint.

get him to some car and bike shows, the guy can earn a fortune and make a good start in life
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: