March 28, 2024, 10:51:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Disc brake conversion  (Read 237251 times)
zakboy

« Reply #285 on: July 24, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

i always use this type its a copy of the landrover master cylinder, using the bike master cylinder will not be enough it will bottom out before there is enough pressure to bring the pads on to the discs        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Clutch-3-4-Master-Cylinder-Race-Rally-Autograss-/271000877064?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f18e93808
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:15:34 PM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
one arm bandit

« Reply #286 on: July 24, 2012, 06:24:51 PM »

i always use this type its a copy of the landrover master cylinder, using the bike master cylinder will not be enough it will bottom out before there is enough pressure to bring the pads on to the discs        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Clutch-3-4-Master-Cylinder-Race-Rally-Autograss-/271000877064?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f18e93808

me too with all brakes linked to one pedal it works super dooper Wink
scaz36

gs1000g trike

« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »

me too with all brakes linked to one pedal it works super dooper Wink
how do you link that upto your front brake lever , i carnt use a rear pedal set up
one arm bandit

« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2012, 11:25:13 PM »

bit of a pain but you could use a mini ?slave cylinder powered by your front lever to push the master cylinder witch the brakes are linked to.
bryan1966

« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »

HI  im new to the site and thx for letting me join in   Smiley

ive just started the disc conversion ive bought mk4 golf gti callipers, carriers and Nova disc`s and bought the conversion plates off ebay had hubs milled at work came to start putting together dont seem to go together if i put carriers on out side of plate discs dont fit big cap at back 0f discs  try to put on inside wont fit all together can you help me with this many thxs ....bryan Huh
tbone

« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »

Hello Bryan & welcome. Tis the carriers that your using, you need MK 1 or MK2 carriers.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
terry t

« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »

HI  im new to the site and thx for letting me join in   Smiley

ive just started the disc conversion ive bought mk4 golf gti callipers, carriers and Nova disc`s and bought the conversion plates off ebay had hubs milled at work came to start putting together dont seem to go together if i put carriers on out side of plate discs dont fit big cap at back 0f discs  try to put on inside wont fit all together can you help me with this many thxs ....bryan Huh
Welcome Bryan. ah disc convertion again. Smiley  you want Mk 1or2 carriers. Mk four don't fit as you have just found out. don't know if you can put some spaces in to help line up.  Huh
what part of the world you from mate
just beat me again tbone
tbone

« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »

Sorry mate, but I hadn`t posted anything in a while  Grin

terry t

« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »

ok. how are you any way.
terry t

« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »

Bryan. what trike have you got. bike or car engine.  also what sort of brake setup have motorbike mastercylinder or reliant/landrover master cylinder.
bryan1966

« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2012, 06:58:27 PM »

hi guys thx for quick replys

terry t i am in middleton manchester are the carriers thinner on the mk1 and mk 2 if so then this could be great  Grin
terry ive have a yamaha maxim 700 picture on left <-- only have threw months back brake been hopless since ive had it was going to renew all brake bits but conversion seemed a better idea it had a car mastercylinder but changed ti one of a motorbike but may go back to car one after conersion depending how it goes ..
tbone

« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »

ok. how are you any way.

Yeah, i`m good Terry, hope you are too.
I`ve been up to my ears in engines lately but starting to get that feeling that I need to build something again!

tbone

« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »

it had a car mastercylinder but changed to one off a motorbike but may go back to car one after conversion depending how it goes ..

You`ll need a car one again to operate those calipers

one arm bandit

« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

hi guys thx for quick replys

terry t i am in middleton manchester are the carriers thinner on the mk1 and mk 2 if so then this could be great  Grin
terry ive have a yamaha maxim 700 picture on left <-- only have threw months back brake been hopless since ive had it was going to renew all brake bits but conversion seemed a better idea it had a car mastercylinder but changed ti one of a motorbike but may go back to car one after conersion depending how it goes ..
ado bryan youl find with the disc conversion that you need a bigger m/c, most use a landrover 3/4 clutch one, also my disc coversion use's corrado vr6 callipers and mk3 carriers i was told mk3 were the same as mk2 so i got them as there easier to find now 2nd hand and they work with no issues or mods,  welcome to mmm by the way
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »

Hi Bry' -welcome to the Land of Mank.
As you've probably guessed, the disc conversion crops up quite regularly  Smiley
When I first came up with it, I literally threw together the components I had to hand at the time & it seemed to work. I didn't put a lot of thought into the mathematics or engineering behind it. It got a lot of attention at shows, so I wrote a quick article for 100% Biker magazine -& the rest, as they say, is history. Now there's several guys selling the caliper mounting plates on Ebay & at least one company, (Edinburgh Trike Services), selling a complete disc conversion kit, based on my shed-built design. 
If I remember right, the usual answer here is that one set of caliper carriers are straight & the other are dog-legged. As you'll discover though, my poor memory's legendary & I honestly can't remember which model are the right ones. I use a standard 5/8" Girling car master cylinder by the way.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: