April 28, 2024, 07:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: air brushers ..help please!  (Read 2638 times)
RODeo

« on: April 04, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »

Is there some sort of spray glue that will stick down a paper masking template on an external surface? Just sort of make it tacky? I want to camo my axle tubes and need multi layered masks at different stages.
tbone

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »

when i did the gs trike, i used water  Roll Eyes

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
snafu

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »

3m mounting spray, In a can?
Clive

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »

Mounting spray will do it, or cut them from a low tack vinyl ( sometimes called paint mask)!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
RODeo

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. I'm finding the ordinary aerosols have too much pressure and the mask is lifting because of this . A airbrush is too expensive for such a small job ,so Im going to have to try a less intricate design that doesnt involve so much masking. Ive ordered some fineline tape and Im going to have a play around to see what I can come up with.
     Rod
nabsim

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »

I got some masking sheet that was sticky backed from a hobby store. It had a grid on the back to help you plan out what you were doing. I was rubbish at it but the sheet worked well. Would something like that do what you need?

It was ne of the big hobby chain stores, is it Hobby Craft

RODeo

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »

Thanks.Funnily enuf we have a Hobbycraft local to me.Got the fineline tape now,so will give it a go.Seems everytime I get a reasonable looking design ,I keep changing my mind!
Clive

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »

Welcome to my world!!!!! Smiley

My van has changed design four times so far, and still isn't in primer!!
The bike, three times so far, and I've only had it four days!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: