April 27, 2024, 07:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
  Print  
Author Topic: What's in the workshop today Loony?  (Read 115940 times)
panthershaun

« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »

I do sir and I'm happily so  Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »

thats what my friends think of me!
"why dont you just buy one finished?"
"wouldnt XYZ be easier?"
not the bloody point, is it

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
andyrennison

« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »

I think my friends think its quaint that I make stuff
Each to their own hey!

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »

Quaint-yeah, that's one way of putting it.
The dog's more sensible than Shaun is!
I'll be at the workshop later so will see what Mr Loon did with the camera phone pic he took of the 21" wheel propped against his Rover sedan.
Nice to see you Shaun, (& Dave of course). Full steam ahead for Holland on Thursday now. See you at the dockside Shaunus!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »

One of PantherShaun's 21" model T Ford wheels propped against Loony's '47 Rover. Some Manky bloke in the background, with Shaun's dog, Harvey.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #455 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »

A Golluff. One of many VWs at the 'shop at the moment. It's had an engine bay tidy up & respray.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »

A gaggle of Golfs. Mr Loon welding a mark 1 VW Golf in the rain -don't try this at home kids.

spanners

« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »

andy,,, mk1 or mk2  Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »

No idea Mike -they all look the same to me. Never quite "got" the whole VW scene. Not enough Beetles to go round, so they've looked about for some other VW they can artificially elevate to iconic status & chosen the most boring shopping car going. Just a square box with no character or style at all. Why are they now cool? Tescos carpark's full of 'em. 

spanners

« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »

No idea Mike -they all look the same to me. Never quite "got" the whole VW scene. Not enough Beetles to go round, so they've looked about for some other VW they can artificially elevate to iconic status & chosen the most boring shopping car going. Just a square box with no character or style at all. Why are they now cool? Tescos carpark's full of 'em. 

looney wont like me then  i destroyed around a dozen mk1,s on the banger track  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

2 months of almost continual wind & rain haven't been kind to the cover on Loon's Rover P2. Still, should give it a little more patina.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:10:57 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #461 on: February 14, 2014, 08:39:30 PM »

Tell me, at what point,exactly, does patina become just plain old.........rust Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy....I need to know this before I quit this mortal coil, anyone??...no, I thought not Huh Huh Huh Huh..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
spanners

« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »

Tell me, at what point,exactly, does patina become just plain old.........rust Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy....I need to know this before I quit this mortal coil, anyone??...no, I thought not Huh Huh Huh Huh..Morrag

maybe it depends on how hole,y it is or the depth of the crusty rust craters  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »

Patina's just trendy rust!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #464 on: March 23, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »

First couple of days of Spring & the covers are coming off the various projects outside the workshop.
The weather's been lousy for the last few months, with almost continual rain producing a river of flood water flowing through the yard. There's just a hint of better weather to come now though, so although there were a couple of bursts of rain & hailstones, Chris, ("Forgotten"), was able to roll the Moggy out into the sunshine today. He's working on the bulkhead, panelling around the exhaust headers at the moment. I'm jealous -his bulkhead looks much tidier than mine.
The Reliant Scimitar front hubs have been re-drilled to take standard Morris Minor wheels. The cast Scimitar rears will eventually be replaced with banded, (widened), Moggy ones too.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
  Print  

Jump to: