April 25, 2024, 07:48:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: dobbers trike  (Read 163105 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »

they think that there livelyhood is more important than my toys.

It's so annoying when they get like that!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
dobber

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »

hi, got a guy for upholstery turbo, hopefully,mates rates.. found time to put a few things back on. mounted the reliant hand brake. two mounting bolts lined up exactly with the second tank mount and a brace at the back. just in right spot for passengers feet so will duplicate a shorter version of the handbrake mount and bolt it on otherside. put a polished stainless cover on each.anyone got advice on getting cable made up and who does them in yorkshire.

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
dobber

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2011, 12:07:34 PM »

made a bracket to mount off the caliper bolt to put a boomerang type curve to mount the mudguard so when new axle tubes go on they can be left clean of brackets. will look smoother coming from inside dish of the wheel

dobber

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2011, 12:15:05 PM »

off to see mick the miller on fri, hes hopefully got a guy who will weld the fuel pipe tubes and curves into the two fuel tanks. think then i can do a bit of preliminary wiring and fire it up..
watching that brake set up of yours zakboy n g6, looks like i may have to go same route, don't want to get pipes made up from xj brake pedal to find its not powerfull enough.

Cabman77

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »

www.speedycables.co.uk

These are the best in the business.

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

I thought Mick the Miller was a horse (a dead one).

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
zakboy

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »

hi, got a guy for upholstery turbo, hopefully,mates rates.. found time to put a few things back on. mounted the reliant hand brake. two mounting bolts lined up exactly with the second tank mount and a brace at the back. just in right spot for passengers feet so will duplicate a shorter version of the handbrake mount and bolt it on otherside. put a polished stainless cover on each.anyone got advice on getting cable made up and who does them in yorkshire.
cables there easy to make up just get the origanal cables and do them your self,same as on me xv page 13
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:55:37 PM by zakboy » Logged

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
dobber

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »

had a look at them cabman, will look further, checked that out too zakboy, quick neat job. have used the reliant handbrake which is a continuous inner cable around a plastic wheel.  easier to order one as they will allready know ends and cable sizes., unless i can just by inner and outer cable with universal ends.  try evil bay later for that.. hopefully by end of day will have tanks, prop, duplicate foot plate, and new axle clamps being done.
got my Axel tubes sent down from bonnie Scotland and were wrong ones,easy sorted tho. if anyone wants or knows someone who does, the tubes with 3 back plate bolt holes as apposed to four can have them for postage costs.

terry t

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »

Hi dobber.try these i used them on mine
i will post a photo later

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270696842048&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
haggis

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »

i,ve met haggis a couple of times a few years ago , he used to live in keigthly and play about with land rovers , had a few bits off him for mine . i know he does stainless axle tubes , look really nice but far too much money for what they are in my opinion .

Hya mate. I dont remember you from my Landy Days, or would maybe by face  Cheesy
You are correct about my tubes. Thats maybe why I have not sold any. But unfortunately I just cant make them any cheaper.
There is over 10 hours of machining time to make a pair. The bearing housings are machined out of soild bar 100mm diameter. Have you tried to buy Staniless steel lately??? Scrap stainless is fetching  over £1.50 a KG.  Shocked There is nearly £75 or material in each pair.
£275 a pair means that £200 for 10 hours machining = £20 an hour. Then there is electricity, workshop rent, wear n tear on machine. Coffee, milk n sugar.

If you can find a machine shop that will do machining to an accurate standard for less than £20 n hour please let me know.  Smiley Smiley

Dobber I will have your replacement tubes removed today. Just off to work so text me about 10 ish to remind me. My ageing memory is slipping  Huh
dobber

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 02:14:43 AM »

will call beginning of week haggis, been put back with young un not right and lotta work come in. know what you mean bout price of stainless, work with catering stuff, lotta stainless. been so many ronkas up n down my area with the greedy boards on that we cant leave anything shiny out.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 10:18:36 AM »

"been so many ronkas up n down my area with the greedy boards on".

What language is that Dobber? Can you translate for us English speakers please.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JonnoSkye83

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »

dobber,  where abouts in yorkshire are you from?    im on the isle of skye now but only moved here 4 years ago.  originally from Thirsk, North Yorkshire.

~Jonno
dobber

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »

hi, jonno, in wakefield, worked up at thirsk a few times at the race course. nice part of the world..posted a photo of handbrake plate on trike. put odds on there all the same.

manky, was on about them there fellas that drive pick ups with old boards at the side so they can get more of other peoples stuff on the back,  with scrap prices thru the roof theres loads of em every where. missed my bacon breakfast other day cos they nicked the mains cable to my local caf..

JonnoSkye83

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 01:35:03 AM »

call me daft but...   where'd you post that pic dobber?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: