April 30, 2024, 02:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new hill climb sprint toy  (Read 2455 times)
Daddy Bear

The older i get the faster i waz

« on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:17 AM »

just started work on the new addition a hill climb project got it in bits i put it back to gether but it has to come apart again its got a bad oil leak on the casings but i have another botton end cheers DB
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »

Too modern for me to recognise -whaddat then?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Daddy Bear

The older i get the faster i waz

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »

Hello chaps  , the frame is a TZR250 ,the wheels are FZR400 and the Engine is a modified SRX 600 some nice trick bits on it , DB
Tony oily bike

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »

Hello DB,

Have done hillclimbing a few years ago with the NHCA on a relatively heavy TriBSA. A good bunch of chaps, and some challenging tracks.

The SRX always seemed to be a bike that was better than it was given credit for, kinda overlooked I guess as it didn't really fit in with any particular category.

Given you've got a tweaked motor, the TZ frame and big stoppers up front, it should be pretty light, be reasonably responsive, have quick steering and be able to haul up nice n quick too..... which adds up to exactly what you need in a hillclimber. Looks like a really interesting project.

Can't tell from the photos how good or how old the tyres are, but if funds allow, I'd suggest you get the best tyres you can afford, even if they're second-hand, bearing in mind you're looking at 60 seconds of maximum everything (with cold tyres) on tracks that range from smooth and dry to wet and bumpy and anything in between.
Just check out the lean angle the guys on the converted moto-crossers get!!!

Looks like you'll have fun  Grin

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »

Bloke at work had an SRX - somehow it almost looked good - which may be why it never became popular.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »

I loved the SRX 600.

Still do. 

Nice project  Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: