March 29, 2024, 02:12:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kawasaki's Bonnie-like now 800cc. Good project material in a year or three??  (Read 6533 times)
Tony oily bike

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 07:21:00 AM »

Would it be four leading if one side was reversed (can't quite picture it in my mind). Neat anyway, and problably stopped quite well once or twice.

Me thinks not (I had to get my head around this too....)

Here's a pic of a Suzuki twin-leading-shoe backplate from a T250/350 or similar (LHS of bike), so guess it fair to assume the set up would be 'same' on the LHS of the GT750.
Wheel rotation would be clockwise.

As each shoe acts iindependently, the set up (with clockwise wheel rotation) would have two shoes each with a leading edge.

Reversing would be the same as changing the wheel rotation to anti-clockwise, which would mean the previously leading edges now become trailing edges.

(I think..... Roll Eyes

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Olds

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »

Each shoe has one pivot and one cam One side of a 4 leading shoe setup the relative positions of the pivots and cams are reversed.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: