April 28, 2024, 02:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Janie_Postie's new bike.  (Read 4402 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: June 21, 2006, 11:14:22 PM »

I was at the Alton bike meet this evening -every Wednesday night, the railway station cafe, Alton, Hants. Bumped into Janie & her fella Dave, (their Consul's in the Motors section). Nice people. Janie's always bright & chirpy & enthusiastic, one of my favourite ladies. She proudly showed off her latest acquisition -a brand shiny new 500 Enfield. Very nice. I'd happily own one of these myself. They tried 4 different seat combinations apparently to find the lowest possible height for Janie's petite stature. Really suits her I think. Very retro. Wouldn't that engine look nice in a little 50s bobber.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:24:55 PM »

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 11:28:12 PM »

Lovely looking bike.  Smiley Wouldn't mind one meself Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 11:40:51 PM »

Electric start too. What'll they think of next! 3 1/2 grand I think.

lunatic

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 11:55:27 AM »

Thats kool! Cool I always wanted the cafe racer version since I saw one at the bike show.
Plainy Janie

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 01:21:52 PM »

Grin

Hi Lunatic.  I spent an hour and a half trying out the sportsman cafe racer.  I was trying to convince myself that this little gem was for me.  After wondering around at their other bikes, I still went back to the cafe racer and had another sit on it.  I was determined I was going to have one, I just had  to have one of these.  But alas, I was 4 inches too short, and no amount of cut down on the seat was going to be safe for me.  So I went back to my original idea of the bike you see I have bought.  Its so loud! so period looking!  Look forward to seeing Psycho again.  Are you going to the 3B's event in Headley on Saturday.  Jacko is going on his trike (my dad), he'd love to see yours.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:45:14 PM by janie_postie » Logged

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
lunatic

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 05:11:33 PM »

Dont know yet! Didnt plan on it as i had to get a new welder but thats all sorted now so I may be able to fit it in. Not sure if we will have psycho there, depends if dads playing on saturday night. Will you have the bike there? I reckon my long, lankey legs would allow me to get a cafe racer! Cheesy Cant get overalls to fit but I can get on almost any bike! Grin
Plainy Janie

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

I'm 5ft.  (5ft 1" with my arms in the air).  Unfortunately inside leg measurement is a tiny 25" so no such luck for me with the cafe racer.  I was offered platform shoes, but I'm afraid 70s style just isnt me.  Plus I get vertigo  Grin.

See you at the 3bs.  Jacko's looking forward to it - he needs a break bless him.

Janie.

Plainy Janie

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:14:42 PM »

Got the black and white piccie of me on the enfield at Alton on Wednesday.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Who is Adrian?  I'd like to thank him very much.  Unfortunately I do not have a printer, but I'm happy to buy the photo paper if someone doesn't mind printing it off for me.  I'd like a couple if I could be so cheeky to ask.  I'm happy to pay for them.  Kiss

Janie.

THANKS VERY MUCH ADRIAN - WHOEVER YOU ARE?  Grin

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 09:48:35 PM »

Have photo paper and printer. will print no prob, no charge  Smiley do you have a higher  resolution pic than the one on here. if so email pm or email it to me and will  get it back in the post the next day.

Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:52:49 PM by ByzMax » Logged

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 11:07:48 PM »

Mr Adrian Diamond, joined 12 June. A.Diamond geezer?!
Adrian's kindly photoshopping the piccies I took for the forthcoming Merchandise page for me. I've got Adobe Photoshop on my PC but no idea of how to use it -some one teach me how to use a computer please! He was daft enough to volunteer his services.
I asked him to rework one of the snaps I took of Janie aboard her new Enfield at the Alton bike meet this week. Took a couple of attempts to get the look I was after. Thanks Adrian, I think we done good.  Grin
Byz, the higher res photo's on it's way to you.

adriandiamond

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 10:20:24 AM »

Got the black and white piccie of me on the enfield at Alton on Wednesday.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Who is Adrian?  I'd like to thank him very much.  Unfortunately I do not have a printer, but I'm happy to buy the photo paper if someone doesn't mind printing it off for me.  I'd like a couple if I could be so cheeky to ask.  I'm happy to pay for them.  Kiss

Janie.

THANKS VERY MUCH ADRIAN - WHOEVER YOU ARE?  Grin

Hi Janie, glad you like the photo but the bike wouldn't look good without the right accessory..............yourself.
If you have problems with getting a photo printed just let me know... adrian207@tiscali.co.uk.
Unfortunately can't make the 3B's.......bit too far and still got trike to finish.
Good luck with the bike.
Adrian
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »

lovely bike janie im picking one up myself in a few months when the gsxr is gone.....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »

There's a metallic blue '06 one that trundles past me every day when I'm delivering the mail. Doesn't look as nice as Janie's though -got a flat dual seat rather than her solo. Changes the look completely. Her chromed tank looks much more retro too. 'Tis a nice bike.

Plainy Janie

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 01:51:27 PM »

Hi Critch,

Just noticed your reply!  What kind of enfield are you picking up.  Mine was a bit mix & match, where have you ordered yours from.  Apparently they do an accessory book, ie: different tank, different exhaust, different carb etc. but I can't seem to get hold of one - any luck?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: