March 28, 2024, 11:07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fasteners incl Stainless. Guildford. Callers welcome plus telephone orders.  (Read 6832 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: September 06, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »

I often need a handful of either metric or imperial fasteners (incl whitworth), sometimes BZP and other times stainless (A2 grade) and have been using a really friendly, helpful local company called “Margnor (Fasteners) Ltd” for a number of years.

These guys are based in Guildford and are more than happy to supply various fasteners whether it be literally 4 or 5 or a large selection. They have loads of stock.

Sometimes its simply worth spreading the word when you find a company with such good service.
They’re open Mon - Fri incl for callers (as far as I know), but talking to Jason (a really nice bloke), they’re happy to do telephone orders too.

….. and it gets better, their prices are VERY reasonable.

“Margnor (Fasteners) Ltd”
36 Stringers Avenue
Jacobs Well
Guildford
Surrey  GU4 7NW

Tel (01483) 536801

www.margnor.co.uk

mike@margnor.co.uk

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »

Grin
My local nut n bolt shop! I use these guys all the time & they always ask how the various projects are coming on.
I can thoroughly recommend them.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
twistgrip

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »

Hmmm, not impressed with their Website - I like to browse through stock and there's no facility to do so.
Not much good listing Types of Fasteners

·         Hex Bolts & Setscrews, Nuts & Washers, Machine Screws,

Socket Screws, Self Tapping Screws, Rivets, Studding (Allthread),

Pins, Woodscrews, Nails, Coachscrews, Coachbolts & Nuts,

Building Fixings

and then not having
A) a catalogue
B) a price list
or am I being picky?

Regards
David
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:59:06 PM »

Maybe they're a bit more face to face, than interface. As Tony says, a proper old fashioned business with staff who actually know what they're talking about & are quite happy to spend 10 minutes identifying your knackered old bolt, even though you only buy one, for just a couple of pence. 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »

They've begun updating their website & now have an online shop with full price list, photos of products etc. They'll sell you a whole box of bolts or a single washer & tell me that rather than trying to compete with the big guys who deal in bulk orders, they're aiming for the small, enthusiast market.
One washer can cost as little as a penny, though there's a minimum postage charge of £3.50, so it makes sense to order a few more.
This is a family run business, catering to builders of cars, bikes, boats, vintage vehicles, models etc, as well as local builders & the like. As such they're used to idiots like me wandering in with one knackered, rusty old bolt & asking for a shiney stainless steel replacement. So far, they've never let me down.
As Tony says, if you find good businesses like that, you should support them when you can.
Check out their online shop here:

www.margnor-online.co.uk

Tony oily bike

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

Called in for a handful of fasteners today for a bike wheel re-furb, and yet again impressed with the level of service.

I wasn't even splashing the cash, 78p (incl VAT) for 4 M6 stainless nuts & washers, plus a BZP nyloc spindle nut.   Grin

BZP - Bright Zinc Plated

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
voodoo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:49:35 PM »

Very handy shop...I normally buy in bulk ie 500 a time mixed Stainless but will give these a try...Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
v8dodger

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:17 PM »

ipswich sufflok.
http://www.suffolkfasteners.com/
they do mail order as well
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: