April 29, 2024, 12:48:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Horsey stuff  (Read 9783 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Horses are incredibly stupid having very small brains for their size, as a result they are frightened of nearly everything.
Ponies, on the other hand, which are actually a different kind of animal, are very intelligent (often more so than their owners, which can be interesting!)

My sister has verious ponies at her place in Wales and most of them aren't scared of anything!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:22:33 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Cabman77

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

takes lots of encouragement, (using a bag of treats), & repetition. Eventually, he gets the idea. [/quote]

story of my life I think  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
tazet
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

Wot she said and wot he said. Lots of treats  Grin

ps - K there is no such thing as a horse standing at 17.4 hh, (hands high), tall. It would either be 17.3 or 18hh. Either way that's a big bugger  Grin
pps - K thanks for translating school years I havent a clue how the new ones work  Undecided
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:09:11 PM by tazet » Logged
klogan45

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »

Thanks for that Tazet. I don't know how these horsey thing work, maybe she said 17.3. Is it that a hand was (is) 4 fingers (4 inches?) so .1, .2, .3, refers to fingers? As i said I'm not at all sure about horsey things. I have 'ridden' in the past and had some lovely afternoons on dartmoor. I would like to learn to ride properly but its really expensive down here, or was the last time I checked. She's quite a chunky maid and tall too so I reckon she's quite heavy, not the sort of girl you'd put on a small horse. I'm not being unkind but I wouldn't put her on anything smaller than a rhino myself.
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:43 PM »

Hiya, Taz's own horse, "Suzie", (on long term loan from her employers), stands 17.1 3/4 tall. Maybe that's a couple of broken fingers?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »

klogan45

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:25 PM »

Oooooh ain't she pretty.

Horses are very nice except when the bite and sctatch wiv their little feet!! See I know loads about 'orses really.

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Cabman77

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »

Horses are very nice except when the bite and sctatch wiv their little feet!! See I know loads about 'orses really.

I love watching them opening and drying their wings when they first come out of the chrysalis.................... see I know loads about horses too. Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
klogan45

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »

Hey cabman if you could get some pics of them hatching it would be brill as I've never seen that stage, video would be better. I've tried youtube (the web site, I'm not calling you a tube) but to no avail I think my education is missing something.
Regards
K

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »

Jeez, what a bunch of tubes you lot are.

Clive

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:55 PM »

Blimey, you lot are dense!! Everyone knows that baby horses ( or chicks as they are known properly) are squeezed out of the females blowholes! They can lay over one thousand babies at a time, but only two or three survive as their natural predator, the ladybird, consumes vast amounts at a single sitting!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
klogan45

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »

Thank you for that clive you sexist, I'm going to set the PC brigade on you did you not know that there are no such things as ladybirds anymore they are now known as size challenged birds of no specific gender. I'm on to the PC brigade NOW. The people at Dell will not be amused!! Grin

RODeo

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 05:46:42 AM »

PMSL at this thread! Grin
tazet
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 08:31:19 PM »

Oh god help us all. And to think people join this site to get advice  Shocked I just pray they don't read this first  Roll Eyes
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

Just horsing around..................

Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: