April 27, 2024, 08:24:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This little fellow actually posed for me!  (Read 3521 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: June 28, 2010, 08:30:23 PM »

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »

Aww.
We get loads of squirrels in our garden. Now the youngsters are about, they chase each other round & round & generally trash the place. We have a wooden feeding box on the garden fence, filled with peanuts. Doesn't take them long to figure out how to open the hinged lid to get the nuts. Once the box is empty, they shimmy up the metal poles to the bird feeders in the middle of the lawn & pinch the nuts from there too.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
afghanman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »

We have red squirrels where we live Cool I will try and get a piccy of one.

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
tazet
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »

We would love red squrrels but they don't come this far south  Cry They are so cute.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

An injection of lead behind the left ear usually does the trick, with "greys" that is..........

Beware the Ides of March, But!
tazet
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »

Yes true but ours are quite funny and watching then chasing each other round the garden makes me laugh. If we had reds here then yes I would probably shoot them.
hunter

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »

Taz you have to shoot the grey's first,then you may get your red's,
The grey carries a pox which kills the red's.
The red's are the native species,the Grey's are imported.

I
bitzman5

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »

Had one of these little furry things in my loft at the apex of the house block it CAME IN EVERY DAY AT ABOUT 8-30AM made a right mess in the attic made its self a good nest had the local council trap it took 2 days it was a grey so the workman said he would take it away and destroy it i asked if i could just free it by taking it out into the country side and was told definitely NO CHANCE AS IT WAS A GREY had a really close look at this animal good grief talk about long claws thy would rip your skin to bits

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
tazet
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »

They've got a nasty bite too.
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »

reds are the best , we have heaps around us as theres a conservation campaign to keep the numbers up ,

and yes i know my avatar is of a grey before anyone says
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:59 PM »

The furry fellow in my pic - was walking through a wood and heard a lot of noise, thought it might be a deer running through the undergrowth after being spooked - but it was 2 squirrels chasing each other!  I thought I'd never have time to get the camera out and even if I did they'd never let me get away with the sound of turning it on - and the time it took (my old camera) to get started.  Sure enough the first one kept going but this one stopped on a log, looked at me, then sat up as you see him - it was almost as if he was saying "Wanna take my pic?  How's this?"
Only thing is I snapped him quick and didn't wait to zoom in so it's a bit small cos it's a clip from the middle of the pic.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »

Taz & I were driving through the grounds of the estate we live on today, with Dave 2 lanes & 65 Nova, (hi guys), & spotted a little tawny owl, sitting on the top of a roof, surveying the world, in the middle of the day. Of course, I didn't have a zoom lens to hand. Passed some deer on the edge of the woods as I walked home from the stables a while ago. I think British wildlife is fascinating.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: