April 19, 2024, 01:26:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fastest Indian" DVD.  (Read 12109 times)
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »

Grin It was very interesting! I was working at a house in Wycombe for a few days over the winter and it was about 100 yds from a junction and on a hill. The road was clearly icy but people still came down too fast and locked up or got the abs working. Stood there for an hour watch cars vans and even a bus full of pensioners  carreer into the junction!  Shocked Very Scary Shocked

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Desperate

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 07:42:39 AM »

Dunno if you'll be able to find this film, but it's brilliant. Malcom. That's its title. Wierd Australian film about robbing a bank with radio-controlled dustbins. They have an old Honda Accord getaway car. When Malcom pulls a lever in the roof, it splits in half lengthways and becomes two "Feet Forwards". The whole soundtrack is by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I had a copy, but made the mistake of lending it out.

www.chrisireland.co.ukĀ  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 08:21:54 AM »

That one sounds suspiciously like a product of your own imagination Chris!
If you can give us a couple of hundred words I'll get Yodie on the case as soon as he's free.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Desperate

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

Filmed in Brisbane, Malcom has a Tram and radio-controlled car fetish, and is also into model railways. Robs a bank with loads of radio-controlled devices, including dusbins that talk to each other. He and his accomplice escape from the cops when his car splits in two and drives off in two seperate directions. Can't believe you haven't seen it! Or heard of Simon Jaffe and the Penguin Cafe Orchesra.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »

Actually the orchestra does sound vaguely familiar, but the film definitely passed me by! You weren't in it were you?!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »

In the original Herbie film "The Love Bug" I'll never forget the bit where Herbie tries to cvommit suicide by jumping (driving?) off the bridge - I almost had a tear in my eye, honest!  That's really clever, to almost make the audience believe in a car being suicidal!

Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 10:06:54 PM »

I've owned a few cars with a deathwish over the years. Didn't they do a remake just recently?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:52 PM »

Yes but it was nothing like the original - not reaqlly a remake, more like a new film with the same name!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »

I've yet to see any of those remakes rival the original. Heard on the radio today they're re-doing Magnum PI for the big screen. Think it's starring Ben Affleck -sorry, know the name but got no idea what he looks like. Bet he can't wear the moustache as well as Tom Selleck did.

Desperate

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 10:17:26 PM »

Here it is. Typed "Malcolm the film" I was trying Malcom (mis-spelt). Once you hear Penguin music, you'll realise it's been on the radio, soundtracks and adverts for years.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 10:22:23 PM »

That one definitely needs writing up for the site Chris!
Thought I had a reasonable knowledge of films but never heard of that one. The Ozzies do seem to produce some weird & wonderful stuff don't they. Dame Edna for a start.

Desperate

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »

Apparently, they found the car in an old garage a few years ago!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »

In two seperate garages? So it wasn't just film trickery then? Wonder how they powered it?

Tony oily bike

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »

Iā€™m guessing quite a lot of the MMM folk have seen the film "The World's Fastest Indian".

If you liked the film, Iā€™d like to recommend a book Iā€™ve just finished called ā€œOne Good Run ā€“ The legend of Burt Munroā€ by Tim Hanna.

Thereā€™s lots of amusing happenings, and some detail of what he actually did to his Indian, as well as work he did on his very quick Velocette.

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 11:45:06 AM »

Mmm, sounds worth a look.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: