April 24, 2024, 11:59:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fastest Indian" DVD.  (Read 12283 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:57:43 PM »

I took my own trike off the road about a year & a half ago for a quick rebuild! Endlessly working on other people's stuff & when I get a free day to do my own I'm too knackered! Hoping to meet up with Bad Toad from the 100% Biker forum, who lives in Poole. He's offered to collect me from Christchurch railway station & drop me back there afterwards so with luck will be there with the camera on Sunday. Very nice of him considering we've never met. Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 12:11:09 AM »

Ah there are still plenty of nice people about.

Does not seem that way sometimes!

Was beavering away in the workshop a few weeks ago and some bloke whom I have never met before comes up to the door and hands over a stack full of kit car mags some lathe tools and a large roll of mig wire. When I asked him why he said " seen you building stuff and like it so I thought they might be of use to you"

Blimey! that's handy Grin

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 12:19:19 AM »

I'm looking for someone to hand me a stack of banknotes!
My Dad's been in Bournemouth hospital for the last week. The guy in the bed opposite him used to ride bikes & the bloke in the bed next to him still does. They've both visited this 'ere site & said if they'd known Manky Monkey was just a few feet away when I visited my Dad they'd have had a chat! Think I've finally managed to impress my Dad!  Cheesy 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 01:30:17 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 12:30:38 AM »

A sense of satisfaction eh?

Hope it's nothing too serious and a speedy recovery is occurring.

Hate hospitals Angry

When I first met my my other half's father for the first time he was not particularly impressed! when I next saw him it was at his house and I commented on the Vellocete LE that he was restoring and that so surprised him that I knew what it was that he decided that I should share a bottle of whisky with him.  Grin

Kept my mouth shut after that. The hangover was the worst I'd had in years!  Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »

Yeah, he's recovering well thanks. Blood clot in his leg that cut off the circulation. He was very close to having it amputated apparently. He's 75 but always been active. Now he's having to use a Zimmer frame while he recovers & complaining it makes him feel old! You never know what might strike you down do you. Always thought my parents were immortal so a bit of a wake up call to visit them more often. My Grandad rode bikes apparently but my first memories of him are of him driving a Reliant Robin around Somerset -maybe that's where my liking for them came from! 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:48:27 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 12:43:34 AM »

It's odd isn't it. You think they will always be there. Lost my Mum 6yrs ago (59) and Dad almost two years ago (70). seems weird not having them around.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 12:52:43 AM »

Yeah, I realise I'm very lucky that mine are both still here. My parents were totally against me getting my first bike at 17, but being young & pig headed I went ahead & got it anyway. Wasn't till years later I was told Mum's brother was killed on a bike at the same age.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 01:00:39 AM »

That a difficult one to deal with as a parent. Got two boys myself one 8 one 9. will be very nervous when they get their first wheels.

Got my first bike a 17 too. Had my first accident 4 days later. Overtook a car on a one way system, 4 lanes and he decided to move into my lane and ran me into a traffic island. Lucky escape cos although he did not stop  Angry I broke a finger and had a large chunk of flesh out of my back I learnt to drive defensively after that.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 01:09:38 AM »

I'm signing off now! Just realised what the time is Shocked Trike building to do in the morning.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 01:10:59 AM »

Ouch! I'd been into hotrods as a school-kid, but when I left school & started an apprenticeship I needed transport in a hurry. Someone I'd got talking to on the train going to tech college each morning suggested a bike cos at that time you could ride up to a 250 on L plates indefinitely. He was an instructor on the local bike training scheme so took me under his wing & gave me free lessons in his own time, went with me to buy the bike & introduced me to his mates & their newly formed MCC. Stuart Harris you changed my life forever! I belonged to the Fox & Hounds MCC for more than 10 years & made some of the best friends I've ever known -& 27 years later I'm still riding bikes. Without Stu's guidance I'd have killed myself in the first week I'm sure. First accident was 6 months later when my headlight blew on the way to work in the early hours of the morning & I ran off the road!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 01:12:02 AM »

Yeah, me too. Good job it's my day off or my alarm would be going off in an hour's time! G'night.

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »

back to the plot...... we saw the film last week at our local community centre cinema. £3 to get in, only 8 people......loads of choice of seats.
The film was great, really got into it. hope i have his attitude when i get old Wink
if you aint seen it yet you are missing a very well laid out film plot Smiley

ohh the cinema manager said if there is less than 5 wanting to watch a film he doesnt have to show it...... but he said he would if i "insisted", then afew more people came in and he breathed a sigh of relief and slunk off. dont know why Wink

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 06:40:59 PM »

8 people! You might as well have invited 'em round to your place to watch it. Would've got cake as well then.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 11:21:21 PM »

I saw a fab film this weekend about a tunnel in russia that people keep crashing in. Plot was rubbish but all action short film of the best quality Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

The cctv footage of the iced up road tunnel? Yeah, Triker Pete emailed it to me. Strangely enjoyable to watch wasn't it! 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: