April 28, 2024, 07:39:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 174
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's XS650 Yamaha  (Read 549521 times)
the coppersmith

« Reply #2235 on: January 05, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »

its an oldie but apt  Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2236 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »

Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
merv

« Reply #2237 on: January 05, 2018, 04:17:53 PM »

Grin

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2238 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:22 PM »

O.K, I think I'm done with this now.
New heater's working so spent some time flatting back the paintwork under the seat this evening.
I can smell petrol ...
Oh great -the tank's leaking around one of the fuel tap mounts. There's fuel bubbling out & it's destroyed the paintjob I had done 2 weeks ago.
Seriously, I'm sick of this thing now. I've done the closing the door & walking away from it thing -I've hardly touched it for a month. I've spent years pouring money & time & effort into it, but I hate it. I deeply resent every moment I spend on it.
I've been wondering lately just how much I'll actually use it. I haven't ridden for over 8 years & I'm not sure I want to with all the homicidal idiots that are on the roads now. The truck's soaking up just as much of my life & money, but at least it's safer & I can share it with a passenger, unlike the bike.
It's not a rash, spur of the moment decision that I'll regret -I just want to cut my losses & rid myself of it. I've had enough. It's cost me 3 times what I could ever sell it for & I'm sure a new owner will fix it up in a few days for about £2.50 & have a perfect bike, but I haven't bothered draining the tank yet cos I'm hoping it'll catch fire.
2 - 2 1/2 grand. No stupid offers. Someone please come & take it away. Sad

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2239 on: January 05, 2018, 08:24:54 PM »

terry t

« Reply #2240 on: January 05, 2018, 09:18:13 PM »

Regards your battery you shouldn't leave it on the bike when its cold. as this will discharge then and also kill them. also running them down and recharging don't help
have you got a OptiMate Battery charger and conditioner:

they will discharge the battery and re charge these as keep the battery topped up
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2241 on: January 05, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »

Seriously, the battery's the least of my problems with this thing.

terry t

« Reply #2242 on: January 05, 2018, 10:02:04 PM »

Seriously, the battery's the least of my problems with this thing.

If I had the money I would buy it.

Swap a trike for it Huh
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2243 on: January 05, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »

Smiley Thanks, but no thanks. I think if I can get rid of it, that'll be my biking days well & truly over. I fully intend to keep the Pop, but I'm not enjoying building stuff at all any more. I've just done too much of it -wasted too much of my life in sheds & garages & just want to get out & enjoy life now.
No more projects.

minimutly

« Reply #2244 on: January 05, 2018, 10:20:46 PM »

Look, take a deep breath, go back there when you can and drain and remove the tank. Give it to someone to fix, and sparay it with a rattle can. Then take the whole bike to someone who can get it working electically.
All this is easy, you can do it.
Then decide if its msva, (don't recall now if it needs one?), and if you want to do it or sell it. Don't do anything rash now, winter is a depressing time of year, things will get better, especially once you're riding it with the sun shining.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2245 on: January 05, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »

Yeah, I've told myself that already. Still want to set fire to it though.
I'll drain the tank tomorrow, for safety's sake. Can anyone here tackle repairing & respraying it, before I look elsewhere? Cash payment for the work obviously.
The For Sale post is genuine though. Definitely up for grabs if anyone's serious about it.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2246 on: January 05, 2018, 11:55:07 PM »

Andy once again I feel your pain, I've not touched my projects in weeks..was hoping to take my trike to the weighbridge and then MOT..but just haven't got the money for transport or MOT ? It's a poxy time of year..if I was you,just leave it sat in the garage for the next few weeks and do something else..away from hotrods/chops..take a break..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2247 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:23 AM »

I tried that over Christmas & New Year. When I opened the garage door this week it was still there though Sad
I need to push on with the truck though -need to get it up together so it can be wired as soon as possible. The bike's less important though.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #2248 on: January 06, 2018, 07:38:49 AM »

To many projects will always bog you down..finish the truck..put the bike on hold..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Tony oily bike

« Reply #2249 on: January 06, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »

Yeah, I've told myself that already. Still want to set fire to it though.
I'll drain the tank tomorrow, for safety's sake. Can anyone here tackle repairing & respraying it, before I look elsewhere? Cash payment for the work obviously.
The For Sale post is genuine though. Definitely up for grabs if anyone's serious about it.

Don’t you bl****y dare sell it!

You’ll kick yourself later, esp when it’s a warm day (remember them?!!!), and imagine seeing someone else riding/showing it!!! As Del Boy would say – You know it makes sense.

Sounds like it’s time to wrap the bike in (metaphorical) cotton wool somewhere nice n safe and take some big deeeeeep breaths as Merv said................. then come back to it later.

Maybe one of those big self storage places (guessing you could choose one that won’t be damp/cold like the lock up)?

Keep working on the pop as that’s where your mojo is (at the mo, Joe/Andy).

Chin up me old fruit  Wink

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 174
  Print  

Jump to: