April 28, 2024, 03:44:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CLUTCH  (Read 2246 times)
terry t

« on: May 25, 2010, 05:12:37 PM »

Hi all. i have a problem with the clutch on my goldwing trike.it is difficult to engage 1st gear when standing still.it clunks and you can hear the gears crashing.its fine when moving along.changing up through the gears and down again.i have checked the cable and there don't seam to be to much play on the lever. any ideas and is it hard to change the clutch plates on these goldwings thanks terry
tbone

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 06:34:16 PM »

This could be happening because after you pull in the clutch it takes some time for the clutch basket to spin down to a stop. Try waiting a couple of seconds after pulling the lever before you engage first and dont twist that wrist before you engage either  Wink
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 06:42:44 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
toad

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »

sonds like the clutch needs adjusting i,ve got a spare wing manual if you want it?? Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
terry t

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »

Thanks tbone. i will try if out tomorrow
terry t

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »

Hi toad. i have the honda clymer manual.some  say there not very clear on the technical side. what one have you got
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 08:44:16 PM »

Mr Haynes makes manuals I can understand!  I know it's fashinable to be rather rude about them, and I know there is the occasional mistake in them - but for me I think it's better to have a manual that says "to remove the widget (see Figure 1), first undo the knobbly thing and watch out for the spring underneath" than one that just says "remove the widget".   Grin

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
toad

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 09:15:25 PM »

Hi toad. i have the honda clymer manual.some  say there not very clear on the technical side. what one have you got

i have a trade manual. have you followed the adjustment as described in the clymer Huh

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: