April 29, 2024, 08:09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crow gets revenge on magpies  (Read 1219 times)
renegade53

« on: April 17, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

when i was washing up the brekky things there was a load of noise outside in a fir tree. it seems there's a pair of magpies nesting in there. a crow was trying to raid their nest. it finally got an egg and proceeded to break it open on one of the garages.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »

We had a mouse in our kitchen a couple of nights ago.
Taz takes sandwiches & stuff into work with her every day cos there's nowhere to buy anything there. She bought some stuff at the local shop the other evening & left it in a plastic carrier bag in the middle of the kitchen floor, so she wouldn't forget it in the morning.
About midnight, she's asleep on the sofa in the living room & I'm pottering about on the computer, when there's an almighty racket in the kitchen. I go out & switch the kitchen light on -nothing. No sign of anything. I pick up the carrier bag & a stream of plastic & tin foil confetti falls out the bottom.
Bloody mouse had nibbled through the bag & been munching on a chocolate bar inside.
Taz was not happy. The electric mouse trap was baited with peanut butter, (their favouite apparently), & it's now an ex mouse. Nobody nicks Taz's choccie & gets away with it.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:43:16 PM »

We daren't leave anything edible on the floor as we have two cats who are hunters - only being rather well fed hunters, they don't realise they are supposed to kill and eat their prey!  I have a patent mouse-catching box I invented as our mice have anti-mousetrap radar and aren't keen on peanut butter!  They do like malted milk biscuits though.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: