April 28, 2024, 08:49:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: saying hello  (Read 3706 times)
baldyshinehead

« on: April 20, 2006, 09:20:56 PM »

Hello all. I am baldy, shiny, gary or OI , depends on who you are.
I ride a messed up gsx750et ( messed up because some nice car driver reversed over it after i had got it running )
A couple of pics for you, ! before the idiot and 1 after i took off all the bent bits. my son is modeling for me lol.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/baldyshinehead/HPIM0448.jpg
saying hello

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/baldyshinehead/bike6.jpg
saying hello
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:54 PM »

I like that! That's just identified SkaMan's front discs too. We were comparing brakes last night -as you do. Rainbow's trike's based on a GS850. SkaMan's got the same front wheel but the discs were different. His are the same as yours.
Oh yeah. I hereby extend an official MMMotors Welcome to you Sir. Now can I flog you a T shirt or nag you into contributing an essay for us?! Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
baldyshinehead

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »

An essay  Shocked  On what would that be.
A t-shirt, hhmmmm, maybe
baldyshinehead

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

and i forgot, I am going to start building a trike as soon as i get all me bits together using a kwaka gt750
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 09:50:07 PM »

Grin
Always looking for contributions to the site. Mainly cos I think it makes it more interesting to read if there's more than one bloke writing, (ME! Angry), but also cos it's nice to rest me digits once in a while. Not really hassling anyone, but feel free to send in anything you think might be of interest -show reports, techy stuff, links, old rally photos, write ups on your, (or your mate's), bikes, trikes or cars. Anything you want really. We don't take it too seriously -no attitudes, no back patches, no campfires on site, just having a bit of a giggle.
T shirts? Yup, got loads of 'em. Just trying to sort out some decent photos & we'll get the Merchandise page up & running.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:52:45 PM »

A GT? Summer & Gypsy drop by here occasionally -& live in the same road as SkaMan's garage, (MMMotors HQ). They had a damaged GT trike frame in one of their lockups for a while. Not sure what's happened to it now. Could try emailing them via the link on the...Links page.

baldyshinehead

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:56:04 PM »

cool.
I will have a sit down and go through all me old bits and peices to see what i got for you.
a write up maybe a little harder as at rallys i tend to not remember much and im just getting into the customizing things but if i think anything would be off use i will have a go.

I never thought of gypsy and doro.  What i am looking to do with mine is a hardtail. as low as i can get it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:05:50 PM »

Yup, that's the only way to go!
Haven't covered Rainbow's trike much yet, but there's a brief progress report here in the forum. We, (that's ME!), bought her a 300 quid rat trike project from Doro & Gypsy, intending to give it a quick tidy up & get her on 3 wheels for the Summer. Ended up binning everything but the headstock & front downtubes, (& even the headstock got cut off & reworked), & starting again. The design could be used with any Jap multi really.

baldyshinehead

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 10:14:03 PM »

I am looking at using the original cradle and front end, just make up and attach permenently a rear. trying to keep it as simple as poss for this 1, if it goes well i will try another
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »

Yeah, I started out saying something like that -run now while you still can -run like the wind!
Before you know it you'll be spending every waking hour up to your armpits in grinding dust with half a dozen projects on the go -or is that just me?
With Rainbow's GS I tried hardtailing the original cradle but it just didn't look right -check the forum thread "Rainbow's New Trike Project". It was actually easier to just keep the front half of the cradle, (to give us the front engine mounts & correct spacing of the front tubes to clear the exhaust system), & build new from there. There's nothing very difficult about it, just common sense really.

baldyshinehead

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »

I know how you feel, its only a lack of funds thats stoped me buying more projects.
I really want a chop but untill the trikes done there is no chnce her indoors will have that lol.
the trike is diferent as it is ment to be hers.
I hate to see bikes not riden which is another reason i havnt got a chop yet, 2 bikes 1 rider, i would spend hours deciding whch 1 to take out  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 10:36:06 PM »

I sold my Speed Triple 6 months ago cos I was going to kill myself on it if I kept it, bought a big Honda, which bored me silly, then sold that too. I've decided to concentrate on finishing the trike instead. In the meantime I haven't got any transport other than pinching Rainbow's little Vauxhall Corsa once in a while. The show season's just starting & I've got nothing to ride. D'oh!

baldyshinehead

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 10:38:13 PM »

thats never good.  thats why i like me old gsx, just keeps going and if it brakes its nothing special so easy to bodge
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 10:42:49 PM »

I bought a ratty old 300 quid cut down XS1100 a while ago for the same reason. It was fun to ride & I wouldn't need to worry about keeping it clean & tidy. Ended up swapping it for the GS trike for Rainbow -then found the trike was registered as a bike & sidecar, & it was pig ugly anyway -so now I'm rebuilding it completely & we've got to put it through the MSVA when it's done.

Speedmaster

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 07:01:42 PM »

Greetings Baldyshinehead, is that baldy for short? Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: