March 29, 2024, 06:37:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scottish Highlands  (Read 16260 times)
tbone

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 11:48:18 AM »

A little light for the best picture of these, at night its all lit up and very nice. What is it? Its oil rig platforms, thats what. Either de- comissioned or freshly refurbished in the service yard thats sited on the banks of the Morray Firth. There were aroune half a dozen sitting there when we visited.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
gazzagood

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 11:49:50 AM »

very nice pics TB .Carr bridge bit thin know... i think it impossible to get a (Carr over that bridge know thou)  Grin Grin

gaz

I always know what I'm doing. Can you help me
PLEASE
tbone

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »

As you may have gathered, we dont stay in one place but try and see as much as we can, i covered over a thousand road miles up and down those mountains, taking any road that took our fancy, though there aren`t that many to choose from. And for every mile i have a picture, but i`ll save you from those (i know what its like being forced to see other ppls holiday snaps  Grin).
I had intended seeing the Orkney`s but missed the ferry by ten mins, ah well that gives us an excuse to return one day.....as if we need one.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:05:23 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
panthershaun

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »

my mate lives in the Highlands, used to live in Achnasheen but has since moved to Fortrose but still owns the cafe/shop in Achnasheen. he is well into his bikes  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
JayJay

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »

The scenery is really beautiful.  I found it quite haunting as well - such vast landscapes.  I stayed at Drumnadrochit by Loch Ness the week before Christmas about 7 or 8 years ago. I rented a beautiful house right overlooking the loch.  No I didn't see Nessie even though that was my hope.  We had loads of deer in the garden though.  We had a lovely time even though there was snow on the ground and getting up the steep hill to the house was a bit treacherous.  I would love to do it again.  Thanks for sharing the photos.

JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »

I've stayed at Drumnadrochit too. In a beautifu B & B, converted from the old church.
Hope to go back to the hills, maybe even later this year. I like to go in October. The colours are amazing & the mountains, lochs & waterfalls are truly breath-taking.   

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JonnoSkye83

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »

greetings from the stunning Isle of Skye Smiley
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »

greetings from the stunning Isle of Skye Smiley
Hi Jonno, you moved on from the "wheel nuts" site now?  Grin

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2011, 11:06:08 PM »

Welcome Jonno.  Wink

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JonnoSkye83

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 11:48:11 PM »

Heyyyy phunkie!!  didnt know you were on here! Smiley     nope havent moved on, just joining other boards. Smiley  the "nuts" site has gone quiet recently. itll pick back up again in the summer.  how r u doing?

~Jonno
thebigdogsix

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 01:13:27 AM »

Welcome on board
love your part of the world cant wait to get back up there
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: