April 28, 2024, 07:29:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My new sofa.  (Read 1035 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 16, 2006, 09:13:04 AM »

Steve & I spent several hours last night buggering about with the framework for my Jaguar rear seat/sofa thingy. Steve being a carpenter & joiner by trade, as well as a qualified engineer, he was the man for the job of sorting out the 4 legs. Of course, it now sits perfectly with narry a wobble. I'd originally envisaged a 70s style chrome loop at either end, while Steve was thinking along the lines of slicing one of the Jag wheel rims in half with the plasma cutter & sitting the framework on those. In the end we went for 4 straight legs cos it was simpler & quicker. Actually, it works well. Very 50s/ 60s retro. Steve deserves the credit for deciding leg length/angle etc & setting it all up. I was merely on hand to trial sit the thing when told to. I wish I was clever too. Sad
Having sliced the legs off to length with a 9 inch disc cutter I'm now looking for 4 very large washers to finish them off with. Mini subframe mounting ones, like the one in the photo, are ideal but we only had 2. Anyone got any more? Need to find some in the next couple of days.
After that, next job is to bung it all in the car & take it for powdercoating in metallic silver, then get some cream vinyl stretched across the back & underside to hide the seat foam.
Unfortunately we've got a problem there -Rainbow's car's too small! Couldn't fit it in to take it home last night so it's still at Steve's place.  Angry
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 10:19:51 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 09:18:25 AM »

'Tis very comfy too, complete with fold down armrest which I can use for the cordless mouse on my PC!
My poor, beautiful "Kermit the Thug" Speed Triple is still languishing, unloved, in the corner of Steve's workshop. I miss him. Cry

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: