April 28, 2024, 08:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice?  (Read 2612 times)
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« on: April 14, 2006, 04:09:51 PM »

Ok, thinking (ONLY thinking mind you!!) of doing me car test and getting a car. Now I want either a capri or a Opel Manta SR, cheapest quotes so far for new driver is £684 with the AA. Anywhere cheaper than them? Don't like the idea of paying more than the car for insurance. Angry

Matt black is the best, f**k the rest!!
shep

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »

Hmmmm.....for a new driver, that might not be a bad quote.
Those are potentially classic cars, too.

Have you tried your bike insurer? Aunty Carole did me a good rate on bike and car together.

My daughter (25, no NCB) got a good deal from Direct Line, but that was only for a 205.

My son (21) is talking about getting rid of his Vectra, cuz he can't afford the insurance.

It's gonna be expensive mate.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »

See, this is why people drive illegally (yep, i did for years before i met the missus and had kids Shocked), in the local paper, a guy got fined £125 for no insurance and nothing extra for the no mot or licence Angry It's cheaper to run the risk of getting caught once or twice than go legal!!

Bleeding driving lessons are £22 an hour  Shocked

wizzkitt

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 09:28:43 AM »

I'm afraid you'll find that figure's probably about right for those cars, UT. I couldn't believe how much my insurance went up when I got my first Capri - despite it being 18 years old and me having full NCB and a driving licence since I was 17.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »

Pretty much reckon it'll be another capri now Grin As long as it has rear seat belts, the missus will let me have it, then a trailer on the back for the stuntbike and I'm sorted for days out Grin

wizzkitt

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 04:55:34 PM »

Well, I'm selling mine...  Wink

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 09:29:11 PM »

Not buying just yet, need to do me test first!! No-doubt be start of next year I'll be getting one Grin

wizzkitt

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »

Mine would probably be too pricey for you anyway, plus it's a 2.8i which would shove your insurance up even more.

Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 10:07:12 PM »

Yep Angry Angry

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 10:16:28 PM »

What about something a little more sedate? I've got a mate who's an auto upholsterer & runs a gorgeous '56 Chevy. Last time I spoke to him his insurance was less than 200 quid a year for TPFT on a classic policy. Plenty of stylish old Brits about if you're after something a bit unusual.
If you want sporty it's gonna cost you mate.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Urban Terrorist

Hatfield Rat Pack

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 07:08:09 AM »

I had my old man round yesterday and we were going through e-bay, looking at old viva's, victors, cortinas,imp's, dolomites,etc, but we ended up looking at the bikes again Grin Grin

Found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINCENT-NSU-98ccFOX-1955_W0QQitemZ4630069375QQcategoryZ424QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But it was only £500 yesterday Sad

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 09:08:43 AM »

That's pretty isn't it. Can't imagine you riding it though! Not much use for burnouts outside the Ace!
I'd love a big ol' saloon like Janie & Dave's Consul. Really like that whole retro rockabilly thing. My Dad used to drive a brand new silver Zephyr Zodiac. Huge car. There were 2 at the Wheels Day show on Friday. When I sold my Honda a couple of months ago I was seriously looking at one on Ebay. Went for about 600 quid I think with a year's MOT.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: