April 24, 2024, 04:05:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing today at Avon Park.  (Read 2867 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 02, 2006, 10:20:12 AM »

Had an email earlier from my brother Steve. He was just leaving to spend the day at Avon Park -I refuse to call it "Shakespeare County Raceway"! at Stratford on Avon.
Someone posted ages ago about John Everitt buying the "Alien Altered" race car from Paul Marston. Anyway, he's got a live trackside link & is posting regular updates of the weekend's racing on Eurodragster News. Makes quite interesting reading, especially the mention of the guy who tried to launch his drag bike off the line in 5th gear! (I didn't know drag bikes had 5 gears).

http://eurodragster.com/ultimatepowerchampionship/live/2006powernationals/reports/sunday.htm

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:22:49 AM »

...Avon Park -I refuse to call it "Shakespeare County Raceway"! at Stratford on Avon.

That is 'cause you is old.

Mind you, I've only just stopped referring it to as Long Marston, which makes me even more ancient...

Eurodragster is an excellent site, and its online events coverage especially good.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:59 AM »

Steve wrote a piece on his first race outing of the year in the forum recently, ("Bad time at Hondo" -a reference that went right over my head I'm afraid). Yodie's all set to post it as the first part of a regular season diary in the Motors, 4 wheels section, but needs a piccie of the Black Pig on the track, with lots of empty track in front of him, to weave a logo around. I haven't got anything high resolution enough. You got any shots Wizz?

wizzkitt

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 11:35:51 AM »

Unfortunately the only pics I have of Black Pig are of it broken or in the pits.

Wasn't 'Bad Day At Hondo' the story on which the splendid film 'Bad Day At Black Rock' was based?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »

I'd believe you even if you were bluffing cos I can't be bothered to Google it! I bow to your superior literary knowledge madam & await a confirmatory email from Steve.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:42:48 AM »

The Pig's up fro sale at the end of the season, presumably to finance the new car. Team Manky anyone?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: