April 29, 2024, 01:06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Needle in a Haystack!  (Read 3515 times)
Clive

« on: December 21, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »

Right, painting that rotor blade has inspired me to paint something bigger than my usual Bikes/scooters, so the Vespa may be getting sold to fund a four-wheel beast to paint!!

My ideal would be either a Beetle (always wanted to own one, and have some great ideas for paint for it), or more bizarrely, a Subaru 284 pick up!! (Always wanted one of those too. Kind of Yank pick up looks). May even consider something else! Beetle ideally, as most of the bits come off, and can be painted seperately!

Thing is, my mechanical skills are not far off non-existent, so it will have to be mechanically/structurally sound. Electrics I can deal with!!!

Other limiting factor is I'd only be able to part with about £600 once the scooters sold, as the rest of the cash would be for the work/paint!!!

I'd really appreciate people putting the feelers out, but no real rush as the Scoots got to go first, thanks!!! Grin

Clive
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:29:00 PM by Clive » Logged

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
voodoo

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »

Theres plenty fo cheap Beetle's about but 90% of them will be rot boxes....I used to restore VW's many years back,and as long a you can weld (or afford to pay someone else to do it) then everything else is easy stuff...As you have said 90% of it unbolts and the engine can be dropped out in about 20 mins....Loads of nice dress up items for the engines and plenty of bits like scat cams to make it go a bit quicker....Ive got a load of custom and parts books laying around I can throw your way for VW's if any use?.....If you find anything localish and want someone to come have a look at it with you give me a shout.....Voodoo......

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Clive

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:05:38 AM »

Cheers buddy. May take you up on both those offers!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »

ahha, subaru 284 brat pickup....... bought one of those a few months ago. the engine is destined for a trike and the body has gone to my oldest boy to run at santa pod when he has modified it a bit Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Clive

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:32:35 AM »

Just rub it in why don't you!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Clive

spanners

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 08:30:37 AM »

hi clive   how about a ,chevy  , or a , dutton,   WinkCheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »

Just rub it in why don't you!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Clive

sorry didnt mean to Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 04:25:44 PM »

I saw a Lotus 7 at the New Years Day classic meet with a Union flag on the roof. Looked good. You could maybe paint a flag design on the Dutton?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »

Bugg*er, just missed out on an awesome streetfighter!

Oh well, back to searching for projects! You lot are a bad influence on me!!!!

Clive
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:00:22 PM by Clive » Logged

Clive

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »

As an aside, anyone got any ideas as to where to look for Chops/streetfighters for sale, apart from Ebay???

Cheers in advance

Clive

haggis

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 04:58:50 AM »

You could try www.britchopper.co.uk/forum
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 09:19:31 PM »

Streetfighters mag?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
toad

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 06:16:43 AM »

As an aside, anyone got any ideas as to where to look for Chops/streetfighters for sale, apart from Ebay???

Cheers in advance

Clive

i,ve got a complete gsx750  minus tank part stripped as i was gonna restore it 25k really sweet motor remus evolution titainium stainless exhaust £350 located in swindon its gotta go as we,re moving soon

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Clive

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 07:33:03 AM »

Cheers for that buddy, I may take you up on the offer in the next week or so! Will let you know!!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »

Cheers for your offer buddy, but as you may now have seen, I've bought myself a chopper project!!!

Thanks again!

Clive

PS Anyone want to buy a VFR750?? Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: