April 28, 2024, 12:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Clive's Chopper Build  (Read 16890 times)
tbone

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »

Next job....cut that huge seat off and replace it with a smaller solo one  Wink

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »

But where will Mrs Clive park her botty?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:41 PM »

I can answer both those posts with the same answer!!!

That's the plan!!!!! Cheesy

I would've taken the seat off already, but I can't shift the (now rounded inside) Allen bolt that holds the front on!! Tomorrow will begin with a thank you to the god of power tools!!!!! Cheesy

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
spanners

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »

i just have a couple of wishes  =
=one youre ,new, kit of parts

=two youre ,,get up and go,,

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Clive

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »

I'd gladly swap the second for your ability, and knowledge!!!!

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
spanners

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »

mm i,m just so knackered these days that the knowledge is about useless because the ability is becoming restricted Cry Cry Cry Cry

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Clive

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »

Next job....cut that huge seat off and replace it with a smaller solo one  Wink

Finally got the seat off, cleaned up, cut down to a single seat now! Just waiting to weld another nut onto the top for fixing (as I had to angle grind the last one off to get the seat off), before gluing the newly cut foam on, and then finding somewhere to re-cover it for me!!!!

That was all I achieved today! Sad

Clive

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 10:39:07 PM »

There's a couple of upholsterers in the Links for Commercial Purposes bit of the forum if it's any help Clive.
So what's the seat look like now?

Clive

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 07:18:29 AM »

Smaller!! Cheesy

Will post a pic later on!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »

So what's the seat look like now?

Like this!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day52.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

If I had the materials, and skills, I would have re-made the seat pan, but I don't so I am going to re-cycle the old one! Just waiting to re-weld a nut onto the mounting hole where I had to grind the old one off and then the two layers of sponge ('cos I'm not as young as I used to be Cheesy) will get glued on! I've found a mate with an industrial sewing machine, whose going to give the cover a go. If it's crap then I'll get one made, but I reckon he'll do a decent job!!

In addition, I've managed to paint the inside (?!?!?!) of the headlight!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day5.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

And started to strip the black paint from what's left on the frame and forks! The forks haven't come off yet, as I'm still waiting for my 17mm hex to arrive! As you can see, the forks are mega-rusty, is getting them re-chromed a good option, or sourcing a new pair more economical?

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/533clive/Chopper%20Build/Day51.jpg
Clive's Chopper Build

You may have noticed that I've given the engine a damn good ignoring so far, but that's because a very nice man from Somerset has donated me another engine that definitely works in exchange for some paintwork!! Cheesy

Clive
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:53:40 PM by Clive » Logged

Clive

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »

Meant to also say, I'm looking for a 'mustang' / sportster style tank for it!! If any of you have any ideas of bikes with that style tank, that you know of, or owned in the past then feel free to let me know! I know the '08 YBR125 has a tank like that!!

Clive
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:25:45 PM by Clive » Logged

tbone

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »

Why? tank looks good as is

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Clive

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »

I just think one in this style will be more fitting!!!

Obviously, once one has been found, and I've made sure it's 'the one!' Cheesy, then the one I have at the moment will be up for grabs if anyone's interested!!

Clive

PS Anyone any idea what bike this is off, and whether the badges can be removed without damaging the integrity of the tank?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:48:00 PM by Clive » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »

Give Dracken a try -his link's in the Links page of the main website, (JW Motorcycles). He stocks a wide range of replacement fork tubes -& gives a discount to MMMotors forum members.  Wink

Clive

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 10:48:54 PM »

Cheers buddy, will do!

Clive

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: