May 01, 2024, 11:06:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Lister D type  (Read 14428 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »

Not that mad really. Check the 620cc V twin Kohler generator engined bike in the Motors, 2 wheels section of the site:
Kohler roller
Yeah, I can just see TB riding round the countryside as an itinerant, travelling knife sharpener.  Cheesy

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Plasticpig

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2009, 11:05:20 AM »

This thing is huge. He collected it with his rat combo, and it got wedged in the chair.
We had to get it out with a hoist.
I will see if I can find the pics. 
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »

But what a neat build Mr M, it could have indeed been a factory build! lovely, where can I get one of those motors to go into the '35 Velocette frame I just happen to have?...mmmmm....Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Plasticpig

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 07:06:20 PM »

Have a look here. Loads of info.

http://www.dieselbike.net/
afghanman

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:55 PM »

Tomorrow has come early! just sealed the deal so this is what i bought for the engine to run.

Just one thing, you probably know this already? but that is a whet stone! it runs in a trough of water and turns very slowly so your motor will need a bit of gearing down maybe?

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
JayJay

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »

Nadolig Llawen pawb, Morrag

Sut ydych chi heddiw Morrag.  Dymuniadau gorau ar gyfer y Nadolig a'r Flwyddyn Newydd.

JJ  Wink

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
tbone

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 09:39:53 AM »

Your spot on. Although not shown in the pic,there is a pulley already mounted on the left hand side, my plan is to mount a jackshaft on the end of the frame and gear down using different size puleys.
Trouble is, the fella is now not answering his emails and i wanted to pick the stone up yesterday, i get the feeling he`s less than happy with the price i paid!
UPDATE:
Line of communication now re established,PC probs apparently. Was gonna collect today but the fella said they had sleet in Bath and it looked like turning to snow, got work tomorrow so cant afford to get stuck miles from home. Will now have to wait till i`m free next thursday.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:22:46 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
spanners

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2009, 06:30:39 AM »

hey ,tbone, i,v got rucks of lister and other stationary engine spares i,v been restoring and showing since i was about 8

dads still attenda around 30 shows a year and he,s nearly ,80,
 ther,s over 60 engine,s in verios state,s at home along with around 13/14 tractors

there,s also a couple of ,corn mills, and the odd chaff cutter if you want something larger to drive Huh

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
tbone

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »

Sounds like my sort of place!  Wink

spanners

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 10:44:28 AM »

t.bone  ther,s just to much stuff been collected here over the years some,s going to have to go so let me know if you need or think you need anything
there,s allsorts much to much to list/describe all crammend in sheds and under plastic sheets etc,etc

from car stuff inc,,bmw 2002,,moggy 1000, upto a 50 ton foden ballast tractor

tractors ,fordson,,fergie,, bmb,, hanomag,, winget,, pattison rct,, david brown,, nuffield,,etc,,etc

stationary engine,s petter,, lister,, wolsley,,ruston,, amanco,, coventrey victor,, national gas,, villiers,, bsa,, etc,

and even some small bike,s,, bas,, franny barnnett,, hew hudson autocycle ,,honda exppress x3,, etc

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
panthershaun

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked god when can I move in, sounds like heaven Grin Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
afghanman

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2009, 05:55:23 PM »

Makes my collection look a bit pathetic Roll Eyes make sure it all goes to a good home!

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
Plasticpig

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »

Any Triumph or Douglas stationary lumps?
tbone

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 11:28:46 AM »

Finaly got around to collecting the grinding stone yesterday......ever get the feeling you`ve bitten off more than you can chew?
The frame is a nice size, around 3 feet tall by 4 feet long, all cast iron so it weighs a ton though! I had to dismantle it so i could lift it by myself.

tbone

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 11:34:16 AM »

The stone on the other hand is a different story....Think car wheel, complete with tyre, made out of solid stone......thats the size of it! and its dam heavy too! OUCH my poor back started complaining just looking at it.
Thankfully the fella i bought it from had already removed the stone from the frame, with the aid of a tractor.Unfortunatly he could`nt be around when i collected it!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: